This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Homemade pumpkin pie spice is a fall spice staple! It’s made with cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and nutmeg, which makes it perfect for cakes, pies, and cookies all season long!
I always forget how many recipe call for pumpkin pie spice during the fall! This spice is used in some of my favorite recipes like this pumpkin cake, these delicious chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, and these iced pumpkin spice cookies! Try using this homemade spice to elevate any dessert!
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend
My favorite time of the year is here! Fall. And that can only mean one thing for me, pumpkin recipes. After all, who doesn’t like pumpkin? Add that in with some delicious desserts and you’ve put together two of my very favorite things. There is nothing better than a pumpkin dessert topped with cream cheese frosting. This pumpkin pie spice is in so many recipes and little did you know how easy it is to make!
Once you start making this from scratch, you will never go back to buying it at the store! It’s so easy, and I love that I don’t have to run to the store at the last minute to grab just one ingredient for my desserts. Keep this recipe on hand so that you can make all of your favorite holiday desserts with it! Did I tell you that it only takes five minutes to make? It doesn’t get easier than that!
What is in Pumpkin Pie Spice?
This recipe just takes 4 ingredients! Once you mix them together, they taste so delicious and are a match made in heaven! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for all of the exact measurements.
- Ground Cinnamon: This adds in that sweet flavor that we all know and love.
- Nutmeg: Can you even make a fall or pumpkin recipe without nutmeg flavor?
- Ginger: This brings a warm, earthy flavor to the mix. You will definitely know something is missing if you leave this out.
- Ground Allspice: The allspice is potent and MUST be included!
Let’s Make this Perfect Fall Recipe!
Quick and easy is the name of the game for this homemade pumpkin pie spice recipe! Plus, the ingredients that you use in this are probably already in your kitchen as pantry staples, so this should be a breeze to make!
- Combine: In a small bowl, add cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice. Combine and store in an airtight container or jar until ready to use. This batch should last you all season long!
What is the Difference Between Allspice and Pumpkin Pie Spice?
Allspice, while delicious on its own, is not enough to fully get the flavor that you need in pumpkin recipes. Pumpkin pie spice blends allspice with cinnamon, allspice, ginger, and nutmeg so it has added elements that add much more depth and flavor, creating that pumpkin flavor in desserts that you know and love!
How Long do Homemade Spices Last?
Your homemade pumpkin pie spice will never go bad. However, it will lose its flavor over time. Your homemade spice can last in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for about 6 months to one year.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons ginger
- 1 Tablespoon ground allspice
- In a small mixing bowl add cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice. Combine and store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.