Pumpkin Pie Caramel Blondies are rich, gooey and the perfect fall dessert! If you’re craving pumpkin, but want something a little different then these are for you. Perfectly spiced pumpkin combine with decadent rich caramel for a morsel of heaven. Top a warm square with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and it’s going to win over even the non pumpkin lovers!
Brownie like desserts are one of the favorites, they’re quick and easy and so indulgent, like Strawberry Brownies, Turtle Brownies or Gooey Oreo Brownies. And these blondies are just as easy and quick, but with a fall twist.
Pumpkin Pie Caramel Blondies
If you are looking for an outrageously delicious fall dessert, then these blondies are for you! They are the ultimate pumpkin blondies, filled with homemade caramel sauce and then topped with more caramel sauce. Talk about amazing.
They are gooey and the best. Even the pickiest pumpkin eater will love these blondies. They are the best when warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Just talking about it is making me crave these pumpkin pie caramel blondies for dessert.
Pumpkin Caramel Blondie Ingredients
- Butter: The basis of a great caramel
- Brown Sugar: Use dark brown sugar for the best flavor
- Heavy Cream: Heavy cream will thicken the best and add the needed creaminess
- Vanilla: A touch of flavor
- Flour: I used all purpose flour, it’s a great sturdy flour.
- Pumpkin Pie spice: A must when using pumpkin
- Salt: Balances the sweet
- Butter: Adds richness and moisture
- Brown and White Sugar: A combination of both for the best flavor and texture.
- Egg: Large or Extra Large
- Vanilla: Adds exceptional flavor with the pumpkin
- Pumpkin Puree: Not to be confused with pumpkin pie filling
Making Pumpkin Pie Caramel Blondies
- Microwave: In a microwave safe bowl whisk the butter, brown sugar, heavy cream and vanilla together. Microwave for 2 min and stir. Microw wayve another 2 min and stir. Microwave for 2 more minutes and stir. Allow to cool for 5- 10 min.
- Whisk: In a small bowl whisk the flour, pumpkin pie spice and salt together.
- Mix: In a large bowl mix the melted butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg, vanilla and pumpkin till thoroughly mixed.
- Fold: Gently fold in the dry ingredients to the wet and mix.
- Pour: Pour half of the batter into a greased 9×9 baking pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Add ¾ of the caramel sauce on top. then pour the rest of the batter on top of the caramel sauce.
- Bake: Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the blondies to cool to room temp and slice. Serve with the remaining caramel sauce on top.
What are Blondies and Tips
- What are they: Blondies are just a “blond” version of a brownie. And just like brownies they can be chewy or cakey, depending on the ratios. Just because they aren’t cocoa based doesn’t mean you can’t add in chocolate. The one of the best thing about blondies are all the variations. Check out some of my favorites below.
- Add ins: Add chocolate chips, toffee chips, or nuts to the caramel in the middle for awesome crunch.
- Spice: For extra bit of spice add a ½ of teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pumpkin spice: If you don’t have pumpkin spice at home you can make your own. 1 teaspoon cinnamon and a ¼ teaspoon of each nutmeg, ginger and cloves.
- Double: This can easily be doubled and baked in a 9×13 pan for even more gooey goodness.
- Store: Keep in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or up to 5 days in the refrigerator. If you keep in the fridge you’ll want to reheat them slightly in the microwave to soften up the caramel so they’re not too hard to eat.
- Freeze: Make as directed and cool completely. Cut into bars before freezing. Place in an airtight freezer safe container or bag and keep up to 2 months.
More Blondie Recipes to Try
- Nutella Blondies
- Chewy Brown Butter Blondies
- White Chocolate Blondies with Maple Cream Sauce
- Brown Butter Glazed Banana Nut Blondies
- Snickerdoodle Blondies
Pumpkin Pie Caramel Blondies
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar dark
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar dark
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 can pumpkin puree 15 ounces, not pumpkin pie filling
- Prepare your caramel by whisking together butter, brown sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla extract in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 2 minutes and stir, microwave for another 2 minutes and stir, then microwave for 2 more minutes and stir. Allow the caramel to cool down for 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place parchment in a 9x9 baking pan and allow the sides to hang. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, and salt together in a small mixing bowl.
- Mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree in a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Pour half the blondie batter into the pan, then add ¾ of the caramel sauce on top, then pour the rest of the batter on top of the caramel sauce.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow the blondies to cool to room temperature and then slice.
- Serve with remaining caramel sauce on top.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.