This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
These Banana Nut Blondies are one of the best things you will make with over ripe bananas. A soft and chewy banana bar filled with crunchy walnuts and topped with a brown butter glaze! These are amazing!
I love when I have over ripe bananas sitting on the counter. That means that something amazing is about to happen in the kitchen and my house is going to fill with a delicious banana smell. I love using over ripe bananas and nothing beats a fresh baked banana bread.
The idea came to me to make some sort of blondie banana bread bar. I searched to find that it had been done before. But I added one amazing step to make these banana bread blondies amazing. A brown butter glaze on top.
Let me tell you something about these blondies. They will be the BEST thing that you will ever make using your over ripe bananas. They were moist and chewy and baked perfectly in the oven. I loved biting into them with the crunchy walnuts inside.
But lets be honest. The best part is the brown butter glaze. Oh man. It is to die for. If you haven’t ever made anything with brown butter you are missing out! It added the best finishing touch to these bars. It gave it a sweet and nutty glaze to finish off the top. It was absolutely perfect and will blow your mind.
I loved this recipe and I will make it again and again! If you have some over ripe bananas to be used, start with this recipe. You won’t regret it! 🙂
Recipe adapted from food.com
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Brown Butter Glazed Banana Nut Blondies
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup banana mashed, about 1 medium sized banana
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
Brown Butter Glaze:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper or foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the melted butter and brown sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt until incorporated. Add in mashed banana and walnuts and mix until combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until it is lightly brown and toothpick comes our clean. Allow to cool.
To make the brown butter glaze:
- In a medium saucepan add the butter. Cook over medium heat and continue to whisk until the butter turns brown. Remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar. Pour over cooled bars.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.