These brownies are layered with a rich chocolatey batter with Oreos in the middle creating a soft, gooey center with chunks of chocolate and Oreo pieces in every bite. Oreo brownies make everyday a great day!
Brownies and Oreos make the perfect combination! Adding in cheesecake to brownies make this Oreo cheesecake brownies one of my favorites desserts to make!
Gooey Oreo Brownies
Who doesn’t love a good brownie?! These brownies are full of ooey gooey deliciousness! The fudgy brownies are pure heaven with a rich chocolatey taste and chunks of chocolate surprises in every bite. My kids love these brownies and they are a special treat in our home. Oreo brownies won’t last long once they are baked!
Rich, chocolate flavor with a hint of white icing from the Oreos make these brownies a decadent dessert. Oreo brownies are simple to make and bake in less than an hour. Simple to make with pantry ingredients and ready in no time. Take an Oreo dessert to your next party and watch it disappear. It is SO good and full of chocolate flavor!
Homemade Oreo Brownie Ingredients:
Simple ingredients that create a delicious dessert no one can resist. It is rich, chocolatey and so gooey in every bite.
- Butter: Melted butter creates the cracks and binds the ingredients together.
- Cocoa Powder: Makes the batter a chocolatey texture.
- Sugar: Add in more sweetness!
- Eggs: Helps raise the brownies while being cooked into a fudgy brownie.
- Vanilla: A little extra flavor!
- Flour: Using a small amount of flour makes these brownies gooey!
- Chocolate Chunks: Pick from semi sweet, milk chocolate or dark chocolate.
- Oreo Cookies: Choose your Oreo cookie flavoring, I like the classic white icing!
How to Bake Brownies:
Cake-like brownies are delicious and full of flavor. These brownies are simple to make and layer easily. Once layered stick in the oven immediately and watch the brownies bake up into a gooey Oreo dessert.
- Prepare pan: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Make the batter: In a medium sized bowl combine melted butter, cocoa powder, and sugar. Add in the eggs and vanilla and combine.
- Layer the brownies: Stir in the flour and fold in the chocolate chunks. Spread half of the batter into the prepared pan. Place 12 Oreos in a single layer. Spread remaining batter on top of brownies. Use the rest of the Oreos to crush and sprinkle on top.
- Bake in the oven: Bake for 30-35 minutes until they are set. The center will still be gooey so remove from oven and let cool completely.
Tips to Make the Best Oreo Brownies:
Create the best Oreo brownie with these easy tips!
- Chocolate Chips: For a smooth chocolatey taste, it is best to use Ghirardelli or Guittard chocolate chips compared to nestle toll house.
- Storing Brownies: Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days long at room temperature. You can even place them in the refrigerator for a longer life.
- Cutting Brownies: Once the brownies have cooled completely, use a sharp knife and cut them into pieces that you prefer. After each cut these brownies will be gooey, clean the knife blade with a paper towel or napkin for a clean cut every time.
A classic Oreo brownie can be made simply or add in the fun stuff and create more flavors and even textures with this devious brownie base.
- Chocolate: Add in your a variety of chocolate chips or chunks. Substitute the chocolate chunks for white chocolate, milk chocolate, semi sweet, dark chocolate, mini chocolate chips, mint chips, butterscotch or even peanut butter flavoring chocolate chips.
- Oreo Flavors: Oreos have expanded and have several different flavors now and it even rotates during each holiday. I prefer the classic white icing Oreo and even double stuff but there are mint, chocolate, peanut butter and white. Mix up the Oreo flavors depending on the time of year or holiday!
- Candy: For a rich and sugary taste switch the chocolate chunks for chopped peanut butter cups, Reese’s, mini M and M’s or toffee bits.
More Delicious Brownies:
- Hershey’s Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
- The Best Keto Brownies
- Cream Cheese Brownies
- Turtle Brownies
- Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies
Gooey Oreo Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter plus 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 15 Oreo cookies
- Stir in the flour and fold in the chocolate chunks. Spread half of the batter into the prepared pan. Place 12 Oreos in a single layer. Spread remaining batter on top of brownies. Use the rest of the Oreos to crush and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until they are set. The center will still be gooey so remove from oven and let cool completely.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.