These Cream Cheese Brownies are ultra fudgy, and swirled with cream cheese for the ultimate chocolatey treat! They’re freezer friendly and pair perfectly with a big scoop of ice cream.
This combination of fudgy chocolate and tangy cream cheese is a match made in heaven! If you love these Cream Cheese Brownies, you’ll love these Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies, these Red Velvet Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting and these Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies just as much!
Cream Cheese Brownies
If there ever was a combination to be obsessed with, it’s this one.
These Cream Cheese Brownies are the ultimate mash up of sweet, rich chocolate and tangy cheesecake filling — I can never resist one or two (or more!) when I have them around.
These brownies make a 9×13″ pan rather than an 8×8″ pan because I’ve found that once people taste them, they always wish they had more!
Plus, they freeze so perfectly that they’re the perfect indulgent treat to keep on hand for unexpected guests, especially around the holidays.
See more tips and tricks for how to store these brownies (if they make it past the first couple hours on your counter!) down below.
How to make Cream Cheese Brownies:
- Start with your brownie batter: I use my favorite one-bowl, no mixer required brownie batter for these Cream Cheese Brownies, because it saves on dishes and gets brownies in front of you quicker!
- Mix up your cream cheese filling: I prefer to use an electric mixer for this part because it ensures there are no lumps in my cream cheese. This is more of an aesthetic thing than a totally necessary thing, so you decide. Just make sure your cream cheese is completely room temperature before mixing!
- Spread your brownie batter in a greased and parchment-lined pan (we don’t want to leave any of it behind!).
- Top with your cheesecake batter and give it a little swirl. If you prefer, you can save a few dollops of brownie batter to drop and swirl on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Bake – but don’t overbake! This is the key to fudgy brownies.
How to store Cream Cheese Brownies:
Here are a few tips on how to store these Cream Cheese Brownies if you can hide them from your family long enough 😉
In the refrigerator:
You can place these brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
In the freezer:
You can store in an airtight container (I like to place parchment paper between the layers so they don’t stick together!) in the freezer for up to 3 months.
They will thaw very quickly at room temperature or in a minute or less in the microwave.
More brownie recipes you’ll love!
Cream Cheese Brownies
These Cream Cheese Brownies are ultra fudgy, and swirled with cream cheese for the ultimate chocolatey treat! They're freezer friendly and pair perfectly with a big scoop of ice cream.
- 1 cup butter melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 oz cream cheese 1 package, room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9x13" pan with parchment paper (optional). Lightly grease with non stick spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together butter and sugar until smooth.
Add eggs, one at a time, and whisk until combined.
Add flour, cocoa powder, vanilla, salt and baking soda and whisk until completely combined.
Spread 3/4 of the brownie batter in the pan.
In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
Add sugar, egg and vanilla and beat on low speed until combined.
Spread cream cheese mixture over brownie batter in pan. Top with spoonfuls of reserved brownie batter and swirl gently.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, until mostly set in the center (if you give it a wiggle, it shouldn't have much give).
Set aside to cool to room temperature before slicing.