Right about this time the gardens start to become taken over by zucchini. There are so many great recipes to make zucchini with. Zucchini is my favorite vegetable in the garden. I love them sautéed as a side, I love them in quick breads, and I especially loved them in these bars. If you don’t have a garden full of zucchini, go to the store right now and buy some. These bars are so worth it!
These bars were so moist and perfect. Packed with two whole cups of zucchini. The best part of these bars was watching my picky eater who hates all foods devour them. It just puts a smile on face to sneak veggies into recipes. These were hands down THEE best zucchini bars that I have had. But let me tell you about my very favorite part. The browned butter frosting. This recipe was originally inspired by these banana bread bars. Mostly for the browned butter frosting. It literally will change your life. It is just one extra step that takes boring old frosting to mind blowing. It gives it a nutty flavor and complements the bars perfectly. Our family loved these! You guys will too!
Recipe from Betty Crocker
Zucchini Bars with Brown Butter Frosting
Delicious and moist zucchini bars with amazing brown butter frosting!
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded zucchini about 3 medium
- 1 1/2 cups pecans chopped
Brown Butter Frosting:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 to 10 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 15x10x1 inch pan. In a medium mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a mixer, add sugar, oil and eggs and mix until smooth. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until incorporated.
- Stir in zucchini and chopped pecans. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Cook for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes clean. Let bars cool completely.
- To make the brown butter frosting, heat a medium sized saucepan to medium heat. Add butter and whisk until it turns brown. Add in powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Stir together until smooth. Spread over cooled bars.