Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies. These homemade brownies are loaded up with a layer of creamy cheesecake then swirled with a sweet strawberry sauce for a pop of color and flavor! Spoon the extra strawberry sauce over the top for an extra special dessert!
Hi everyone! Serene from House of Yumm back with you today. How is everyone’s February going? Our home has been busy! We had a Daddy daughter dance that my husband was able to take our three girls to. They had a blast!!! He is the sweetest guy. He got all dressed up, got each girl a corsage, a gift, and a card with a heartfelt message just for each one of them. He makes my heart melt. So I decided to treat him to a special Valentine’s Day dessert! Which is where these Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies come in.
These brownies are beautiful, tasty, and kind of perfect. I have a deep love for all things strawberry. Especially when paired with chocolate, or cheesecake. So these strawberry cheesecake brownies are kind of the best of all the world right here.
The homemade brownie layer comes together quickly. They are fudgy and moist. You can always add chocolate chips to this layer too for a little extra chocolate-y kick.
The cheesecake layer is creamy and just the perfect texture. And swirled into it there’s a homemade strawberry sauce. It’s really easy to throw together, only a couple of ingredients and can be made ahead of time. It saves in the fridge for about 2 weeks. I used the homemade version from that recipe I’m linking to, I just strained out the chunks of strawberry and only used the juice in the swirl. Then just spoon the extra juice back into the sauce and use it on top of the brownies.
If you don’t have time to make the strawberry sauce you can always use a strawberry jam and swirl that into the cheesecake also.
Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick) at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons strawberry sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 baking dish with foil, spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl prepare the brownie batter. Beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugars and cream until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, mix until combined.
- Add the flour, salt, and cocoa powder. Mix until fully combined and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes until the brownies are mostly set.
- While the brownies are baking prepare the cheesecake mixture. In a medium size bowl beat the cream cheese until creamy.
- Add in the sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Mix on high speed until mixture is smooth and creamy, no lumps.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture on top of the pre-cooked brownies and carefully smooth out with a rubber spatula. If you spread it too roughly you will tear up the brownies underneath.
- Once the cheesecake layer is smoothed out, spoon the strawberry sauce or jam on top. Using a butter knife gently swirl.
- Return the pan to the oven and continue baking for another 20 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool for about 20 minutes on the counter, then place the pan in the fridge and allow to cool for another 2-3 hours prior to cutting.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Thank you to this very nice post
They look so fascinating, thank you very much
This recipe got RAVE reviews from my whole family, including my boyfriend who claims to not be a chocolate lover! Perfect balance with the fudgy brownies, creamy cheesecake, and bright pop of the jam. The only thing I did different was swirling about 3 TB of strawberry blackberry preserves in (instead of the smaller amount and adding extra sauce on top later.) My mom requested that I make these again for Thanksgiving and maybe Christmas, too!
Made your Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies but my cheesecake part in no way looked like yours
my cheesecake layer was very thin possible needed two 8 0z cream cheese to look as thick as your picture.
OH no! I am so sorry! I use the exact recipes that you see. I apologize for it not being as thick. I hope it still tasted good for you! Thanks for following along with me! XOXO
A great and new dish from the familiar ingredients. Most importantly, you teach very detailed and easy to understand. Thanks a lot. I will cook for my family.
AWE! Thanks so much! That means a lot! Thanks for following along with me! I am glad you have found recipes that you like! XOXO
Awesome, it looks so beautiful and delicious. I will try to make rely on your recipe. Thanks for sharing it!
Do these need to be refrigerated?
Hey girl- these look so yummy!
Hello perfect Valentines Day dessert! I am madly in love with these!