Perfectly moist and fudgy brownies swirled with pumpkin cheesecake. Rich decadent chocolate is swirled with lush cream cheese and spiced with pumpkin for a fall treat sure to please everyone.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
The brownie base is absolutely amazing. Rich, fudgy and moist. And since I can’t get enough of pumpkin this time of the year I wanted to have pumpkin cheesecake swirled throughout. The result was absolutely incredible! And that color!
I promise that your family is going to love these brownies! They combine two of my favorite things in one and are incredibly moist and delicious with the first bite. Put these on your list of treats to bake this fall. You won’t regret it!
Cheesecake Brownie Ingredients
- Cream Cheese– Be sure to soften your cream cheese for easy mixing
- Canned Pumpkin-Make sure you don’t buy pumpkin pie filling but just puree.
- Egg-Large or Extra Large
- Sugar-White sugar
- Cinnamon and Nutmeg– Perfect spices to go with Pumpkin
- Flour-All purpose
- Baking Powder– this is your raising agent
- Cinnamon-Adds a nice spice to the chocolate
- Unsweetened Chocolate-Don’t confuse this with semi-sweet chocolate
- Butter-Adds richness and moisture
- Sugar-Balances out the unsweetened chocolate
- Eggs– Adds volume and richness
- Vanilla-Adds the perfect little bit of sweetness
Making Cheesecake Brownies
- Cheesecake Layer-Beat together the cream cheese, pumpkin, egg, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg until smooth and creamy, set aside.
- Brownies- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line an 8×8 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Melt– In a microwave safe bowl combine the chocolate and butter. Microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds at a time stirring between each increment until smooth and melted.
- Mix-In a separate bowl whisk the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir in the melted chocolate till mixed. Fold in the flour mixture.
- Combine-Pour half of the brownie mixture into the pan. Spread the pumpkin cream cheese evenly on top of the brownie batter. Drop remaining batter by spoonfuls on top of the cheesecake layer. Marble with a knife.
- Bake– Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for an hour before cutting.
Tips and Variations
- Swirls- To get those perfect looking swirls make sure you only swirl the top. Don’t touch the bottom brownie layer. Use a skewer or even a toothpick to control them better.
- Toppings– For crunch add pecans to the top before baking, sprinkle with chocolate chips for even more chocolate flavor. While their still warm serve with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate or caramel sauce.
Storing Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
- Storing- Leftover brownies will keep on the counter in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or the fridge for 5.
- Freezer- These keep really well in the freezer. Store completely cooled brownies in tightly sealed plastic wrap and aluminum foil for up to 3 months.
More Addicting Cheesecake and Brownie Combos
- Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake
- Hershey’s Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
- Oreo Cheesecake Brownies
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Brownies
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bars
Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- To make the Pumpkin Cheesecake Layer: Beat together cream cheese , pumpkin, egg, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- To make the brownies: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8x8 inch pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine butter and chocolate. At 50% power microwave 30 seconds at a time stirring until it is smooth and melted.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add melted chocolate and continue to stir until incorporated. Add the flour mixture and fold until combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the 8x8 inch pan. Spread the pumpkin cream cheese evenly on top of the brownie batter. Drop remaining batter by spoonfuls on top of the cheesecake layer. Marble with a knife. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for an hour before cutting.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.