It has been so gloomy here in Utah the past couple of weeks. We really have only had the sun out a couple of days in the last little while here. The snow has all melted and we have been getting quite a bit of rain. I am so ready for some sunshine and warmth to come our way!
As soon as I saw this recipe, it was love at first site. I baked them the night before and that was a bad idea. Square by tiny little square they were getting eaten and going fast. I was wondering if I would even have some left to take a picture of! Cheesecake is one of my all time favorite things. And I love peanut butter. The two combined were absolutely amazing! It was so creamy and delicious on top of a dark and rich chewy brownie. I especially loved the chocolate chip layer in between the cheesecake and brownie layer. Oh man. These were phenomenal! All of my favorite things balanced out in this perfect dessert.
Recipe from Eats Well With Others
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bars
A delicious fudgy brownie bottom with creamy peanut butter cheesecake on top!
- 3/4 cup butter
- 6 oz dark chocolate chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the peanut butter cheesecake layer:
- 1 block cream cheese 8 oz. softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 inch pan with aluminum foil for easy removal of the bars. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or using a double broiler, melt the 3/4 cup of butter and chopped dark chocolate. Stirring ever 30 seconds being careful not to let the chocolate burn.
- Whisk sugar and brown sugar to the melted chocolate mixture. Then add the vanilla and eggs until it it is fully incorporated. Lastly, stir the flour until incorporated.
- Pour this mixture into your prepared 9x13 inch pan. Sprinkle with 3/4 cups chocolate chips and set aside.
- To make the cheesecake layer, in a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, cream together the cream cheese and softened butter about 2 minutes until fluffy. Mix in the egg, sugar, salt, and vanilla on high for another 2 minutes. Mix in the peanut butter for 2 minutes.
- Pour the cream cheese layer over the brownie layer and spread it out so that it is smooth on the top and completely covers the brownie layer. Bake for 35-40 minutes. The top and edges should be slightly golden and the center is set.
- Let the bars completely cool and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight before serving.