It has been so gloomy here in Utah the past couple of weeks. We really have only had the sun out a couple of days in the last little while here. The snow has all melted and we have been getting quite a bit of rain. I am so ready for some sunshine and warmth to come our way!
As soon as I saw this recipe, it was love at first site. I baked them the night before and that was a bad idea. Square by tiny little square they were getting eaten and going fast. I was wondering if I would even have some left to take a picture of! Cheesecake is one of my all time favorite things. And I love peanut butter. The two combined were absolutely amazing! It was so creamy and delicious on top of a dark and rich chewy brownie. I especially loved the chocolate chip layer in between the cheesecake and brownie layer. Oh man. These were phenomenal! All of my favorite things balanced out in this perfect dessert.
- Brownie layer:
- ¾ cup butter
- 6 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- For the peanut butter cheesecake layer:
- 8 oz block bream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 inch pan with aluminum foil for easy removal of the bars. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or using a double broiler, melt the ¾ cup of butter and chopped dark chocolate. Stirring ever 30 seconds being careful not to let the chocolate burn.
- Whisk sugar and brown sugar to the melted chocolate mixture. Then add the vanilla and eggs until it it is fully incorporated. Lastly, stir the flour until incorporated.
- Pour this mixture into your prepared 9x13 inch pan. Sprinkle with ¾ cups chocolate chips and set aside.
- To make the cheesecake layer, in a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, cream together the cream cheese and softened butter about 2 minutes until fluffy. Mix in the egg, sugar, salt, and vanilla on high for another 2 minutes. Mix in the peanut butter for 2 minutes.
- Pour the cream cheese layer over the brownie layer and spread it out so that it is smooth on the top and completely covers the brownie layer. Bake for 35-40 minutes. The top and edges should be slightly golden and the center is set.
- Let the bars completely cool and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight before serving.
Recipe from Eats Well With Others