Crunchy peanut butter and chocolate bars that require no baking!
Hey everyone! Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron with a fun and delicious treat! Peanut butter “crunch” bars with a nice chocolate topping!
These bars are easy to make and require NO baking and only 7 ingredients. They whip together quickly making an impressive treat that you can make last minute.
The crisp and sugary peanut butter layer pairs perfectly with the smooth and delicious chocolate topping. If needed you can substitute butter or extra peanut butter for the coconut oil in the chocolate topping. And to cut these cleanly, use a very sharp warmed knife!
Crunchy Peanut Butter Bars
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup rice krispies cereal
- 1 cup dark or milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Line an 8 x 8 baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter (melt in the microwave), graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and peanut butter. Mix well.
- Stir in the rice krispies cereal and then press in the bottom of the pan.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil (measure when melted). Microwave in bursts of 15 seconds, stirring in between bursts for 15 seconds.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter layer and allow to completely firm up.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
I made these last night and the mixture is so soft (it’s basically a liquid so I “poured” into the pan vs having to “press” it in). I double checked all the ingredients and I did everything correctly but it needs either more graham crackers or more rice crispies for it to be firmer. Since it was basically a liquid, I couldn’t put the chocolate layer on top. So I put it in the fridge for it to firm up and then did the chocolate layer this morning. But as the other reviewer mentioned, the bottom melts very quickly in your hands and is more greasy vs crunchy.
Very tasty but the peanut butter bars are very hard to hold in your hand without it melting. Would be better if it had some sort of crust under it all
I disagree. Look at that http://www.averiecooks.com/2013/01/peanut-butter-chocolate-chunk-cookies.html
Can I use chunky peanut butter Instead of Rice Krispies?
oh yummy! I would love these!