I absolutely love this time of year and can’t seem to get enough of pumpkin! These pancakes were so moist and full of flavor that I think I will just make them year round!
I used to be pretty pancake making challenged! I don’t know what it was about making pancakes that scared me so much. And I could never get them to turn out. I faced my fear on this buttermilk pancake recipe and I was determined to get them right! After making a few, I was a pancake expert. They are easy peasy! 🙂
I like to make pancakes all of the time now. Usually I have most of the ingredients on hand and they are always a hit at our house. These pumpkin spice pancakes tasted so incredible with the pumpkin. The pumpkin made them very moist and puff up into a perfect pancake. The spice blend came out perfecto and were amazing served up with some fresh whip cream!
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Delicious and fluffy pumpkin pancakes that are sure to be a hit at breakfast!
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- dash of ground ginger
- dash of ground cloves
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil or melted butter
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Set aside.
- In another bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk milk, pumpkin, egg and vegetable oil together.
- Combine wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. The batter may still be lumpy and that is ok.
- Heat your skillet to medium. Once it is heated, spray with cooking spray and add 1/3 cup batter to the center of the pan. (I kind of spread the batter out a bit with my measuring cup). Once bubbles form at the surface of the pancake, flip over carefully with a spatula. And let the other side turn golden brown a couple of minutes more. Repeat with the rest of the batter greasing when needed.
- Serve with maple syrup, cinnamon sugar, and/or whipped cream if desired.