Every family has a famous pot luck fruit salad right? Well this mandarine orange fruit salad has been in our family for years and hands down is one of the best. My aunt Sandra brought it to a family gathering YEARS ago and everyone asked for the recipe including my mom. Then my mom started bringing it to all of our family gatherings and everyone would ask for the recipe. I am telling you. This fruit salad is famous and always a huge hit.
I can’t believe I have waited so long to get this recipe up on the blog. At the last BBQ we had I knew it was time to finally get this recipe up! Every time that I eat this I am reminded how AMAZING it is. I absolutely love the delicious fruit inside and the vanilla buttermilk pudding mixture is THE BEST. The presentation with the fruit is also beautiful and this fruit salad will look like a million bucks once you make it. This is a family favorite that is guaranteed to become a favorite at your house as well!
- 1 quart Buttermilk
- 2 large boxes vanilla jello instant pudding powder
- 12 oz cool whip, thawed
- 6 cups fruit - I use
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced, reserve some for the top
- 1 (15 oz) can peaches or fresh, sliced
- 1 can (15 oz) mandarine oranges, drained, reserve some for the top
- 1 can (15 oz) pineapple tidbits, drained
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the buttermilk and jello pudding powder for about 2 minutes until it starts to thicken. Fold in the thawed cool whip.
- You can either layer the fruit and spread the buttermilk vanilla pudding layer in between and finish with a layer on top like picture above -or- Fold all of the fruit into the pudding and cool whip mixture.
- Top with fresh strawberries and mandarine oranges for a beautiful presentation and chill the fruit salad in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.