This my friends was my #1 pregnancy craving. We would go there almost weekly! If you haven’t been to the Old Spaghetti factory and experienced the Browned Butter and Mizithra cheese spaghetti, now it the time to make it. This recipe is so simple. And the flavors are absolutely incredible!
Since I was a little girl, we would always go to the Old Spaghetti factory. My parents discovered mizithra at our local grocery store and we started having it at home. But they were missing one important part. They didn’t brown the butter. That makes all the difference in this simple recipe. The brown butter gives the pasta a nutty flavor and the mazirtha adds a little saltiness to the dish. Both of the simple flavors combined gives it such an incredible taste.
The best part is that you can enjoy this dish at home with your family for a fraction of the cost at the Old Spaghetti Factory. My parents would buy a big thing of mizithra and freeze it whenever we needed it. Everyone in my family would devour it for Spaghetti Sundays. Now we love it in our house and even the picky eater loved it! I call that a win in my book. Your family is sure to love it too!
- 8 ounce spaghetti noodles
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup mizithra cheese, grated
- chopped parsley for garnish, optional
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions until al dente.
- While the noodles are cooking, brown the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. The butter will turn a yellow, start to froth and then become brown.
- Drain the pasta but do not rinse. Pour the brown butter over the pasta. Sprinkle with mazithra cheese and toss to coat. Serve with a salad and garlic bread and garnish with parsley if desired.