Salmon that is baked in foil and brushed in a Parmesan Garlic Herb Marinade. It seals in the amazing flavor and cooks the salmon to tender and flaky perfection!
A couple of weeks ago I had the honor of flying to Washington DC with my hubby and speaking to the National Salmon Council. Now, you know how I love my salmon. Ok. Maybe I am a little obsessed since I eat it 4-5 times a week. But it was so amazing to speak to a group of people that are just as passionate about it as I am.
The conference was amazing to be apart of and the hubby and I had so much fun site seeing in DC. I have always been to DC in the hot summer. We also took the kiddos and were walking to each of the sites in the heat. It was miserable. I remember catching a movie in the middle of the day just to catch a break.
The highlight of this trip was renting bikes at night and riding to each of the sites. Since it was during the week, nobody was out on the streets. It was perfect fall weather. And when we went to each site we were the only ones there. It was an absolute blast. I love my kiddos but it is amazing how much fun you can have on a weekend getaway with the hubby. 🙂
If you are following me on instagram you saw some of the fun things that we did. Isn’t traveling to new places so fun and trying out new places to eat?? Of course I had to get the Glazed Cedar Plank Salmon from Farmers Fishers and Bakers.
With salmon always on the brain and incorporating it in my diet as apart of a healthy lifestyle, I am constantly thinking of new things to make. For some reason I haven’t posted a recipe yet with salmon in foil. Whaaaa??? So I knew that it was something that I had to try.
But lets just talk about the marinade that this salmon bakes in…
herb…. need I say more?
If you have not tried salmon cooked in foil you need to stop what you are doing and make it for dinner tonight! It is so easy to put the salmon on the foil and seal all of the ingredients up into a packet. It seals in the the amazing flavor and makes clean up a breeze. I LOVED the flavor that the parmesan garlic herb gave to this salmon. It turns out tender and flaky and full of all of my favorite flavors.
I swear the butter made it more tender and it literally fell apart with a fork it was so amazing. As soon as it came out of the oven I broiled the top for a couple of minutes to crisp the edges a bit. It roasted the garlic on top and oh my gosh. This instantly became a new favorite.
I loved baking salmon so much in foil I already am thinking of more recipes that I can make! As a busy mom this made it so easy to seal up the salmon, cook it for 15 minutes, serve it to my family, and throw it all away. Easy peezy and it makes an impressive meal. A five star meal that is sure to wow your family!
Baked Parmesan Garlic Herb Salmon in foil
- 1 1/2 pound salmon of choice
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lay out a piece of foil long enough to fold up the salmon inside. In a small saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Remove from heat and add lemon juice, garlic, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon skin side down on the foil. Brush with the garlic butter marinade. Sprinkle the fresh parsley on top. Fold up the edges of the foil and wrap and seal the salmon inside.
- Place in the oven and bake for 13-15 minutes or until the salmon is firm. Unwrap the top of the salmon and broil the top for 2-3 minutes watching closely so that it doesn't burn. Remove from the oven and garnish with additional chopped parsley and sprinkle with additional parmesan if desired.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.