Salmon Croquettes are pan fried and packed with so many great flavors. These make a quick and easy weeknight meal and are delicious with a tartar sauce!
Salmon Croquette Recipe
The weather just made a shift and it has been pretty cold and rainy at our house. I actually have been ready for the weather to cool down a bit and to be able to cozy up and wear my fall sweaters. Whenever it is rainy or cloudy outside, I am not able to really work or take pictures of food for the blog. This gives me a chance to have a meal ready for the family every night despite how busy things get. Since I am a salmon lover, I LOVE salmon croquettes. The best part about these delicious croquettes is that my kids will eat them and not even realize that they are salmon. They are fast and easy and such a win at our house!
What are salmon croquettes?
Salmon Croquettes are made with canned salmon, chopped peppers, egg, and Panko and made into a patty. They are pan fried on each side in a medium sized skillet until golden brown.
How do you make salmon croquettes?
- To start, add panko and flour to a bowl and mix. Add bell peppers, canned salmon, garlic, salt, pepper, egg, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and cilantro. Mix until incorporated.
- Shape into 6-8 patties and heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add patties to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Can I bake salmon croquettes?
Yes you can! Bake for 10 minutes flipping once until they are cooked throughout and golden brown.
What sides go well with salmon croquettes?
- Red potatoes
- steamed rice
- pasta dish
- side salad
Looking for even more delicious salmon recipes? Look no further!
- Pan Seared Salmon with a Creamy Lemon Dill Sauce
- Spicy Blackened Salmon Tacos
- Cilantro Lime Salmon
- Sweet Chili Garlic Glazed Salmon
Watch a video here on how Salmon Croquettes are made:
Easy Salmon Croquettes
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 3 5 ounce canned salmon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Add panko and flour to a bowl and mix. Add bell peppers, canned salmon, garlic, salt, pepper, egg, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and cilantro. Mix until incorporated.
Shape into 6-8 patties and heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
Add patties to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.