We keep getting tiny glimpses of spring here in Utah. About once or twice a week we will have a day that warms up to the 50’s. We get so excited to see the sun and have jacket weather! We have been loving going on walks to our neighborhood park and playing outside. I love all of the things about spring. Especially the Cadberry eggs that are in the stores right now! 😉
My family loves fettuccini. But I think that it was time for a change. And with added lemon it really added a delicious twist to it. It was so amazingly creamy with the perfect flavors throughout. It is simple enough to make and indulgent enough to be a meal. It would also be great to add some grilled chicken to it or great just by itself. This recipe became an instant favorite for me. And totally satisfied my pasta craving. 🙂
Recipe Adapted from the Taste of Homes magazine
Lemon Garlic Cream Fettuccini
Delicious and creamy fettuccini with added lemon and garlic for the perfect twist.
- 3 Teaspoon lemon peel grated
- 2 Teaspoons fresh parsley minced
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 8 oz fettuccini uncooked
Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp lemon peel grated
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese cubed
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley minced
- grated parmesan cheese optional
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the lemon peel, parsley and 2 teaspoons minced garlic. Cook the fettuccini according to package directions and drain.
- To make the sauce, In a large skillet over medium high heat melt the butter. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender. Add the garlic and lemon peel. Slowly stir in the heavy cream, salt and pepper. Whisk in the cubed cream cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Add in the lemon juice.
- Add pasta, tomatoes, and parsley to the sauce. Toss to coat. Serve immediately and garnish with lemon peel, parsley, parmesan cheese if desired.