This Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken is simple and easy to make in the pressure cooker and perfect for busy weeknights. The chicken cooks up tender and juicy in a buttery lemon garlic sauce.
This chicken is enhanced with a hint of lemon, flavorful herbs and cooked to perfection in your instant pot. Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli, Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos or Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Pasta are some of our family favorites too!
Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken
Hey everyone! It’s Kelly back again from Life Made Sweeter here to share an easy Instant Pot dinner recipe. With two little ones that keep me busy all day, I don’t always have time to prep ahead when it comes to dinner. That’s why I am such a big fan of the Instant Pot and use it regularly at our house.
This Lemon Garlic Chicken is tender, juicy and full of flavor. And the best part is that dinner can be on the table in just 30 minutes with the help of a trusty pressure cooker.
HOW DO YOU MAKE LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN?
Start off by seasoning the chicken thighs with some salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
Next, you’re going to brown the chicken in the Instant Pot (I use an Instant Pot DUO 6 Quart) using the sauté function. Searing the chicken helps to seal in those amazing flavors and gives the chicken that crispy coating.
Once the chicken is golden brown, transfer to a plate then add butter, onions, garlic, Italian seasoning, lemon zest, lemon juice and chicken broth.
Place the chicken back in the Instant Pot, seal the lid and pressure cook for 5 minutes.
WHAT SIDES CAN I SERVE WITH THIS LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN?
This chicken would go well with so many sides. I chose to serve it with some roasted asparagus since it’s one of my favorite spring vegetables but broccoli, zucchini or cauliflower would be delicious as well.
This Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken is a quick and easy dish bursting with bright and fresh flavors. It’s perfect for spring and and any busy weeknight!
Looking for More Lemon Chicken Recipes? Here you go!
- Easy Greek Lemon Chicken
- Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken Piccata
- Creamy Lemon Chicken Picatta
- Lemon Garlic Butter Herb Chicken with Asparagus
- Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken
More dishes you might like:
Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 6-8 boneless chicken thighs skinless or with skin* *sea salt and pepper, to taste divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon butter divided
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced or minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1/3 cup homemade or low sodium chicken broth
- **SEE NOTE Chopped fresh parsley and lemon slices for garnish, if desired
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Press the Sauté function (Normal settinon the Instant Pot (I used a 6 Quart DUO) and add the olive oil to the pot.
- Place chicken in the Instant Pot and allow to sear on each side for 2 minutes, or until golden brown. This helps to seal in the juices and keep it tender. (You may have to work in batches depending on the size and amount of chicken you are using). Once browned, remove from Instant Pot and set aside.
- Melt butter in Instant Pot and stir in the onions and garlic. Add lemon juice to deglaze pan. Cook for 1 minute then add Italian seasoning, lemon zest, and chicken broth.
- Place the chicken back into the Instant Pot, lock the lid, and turn the valve to SEAL.
- Select the Manual (older modelor Pressure Cook (newer modelbutton and adjust the timer to 7 minutes.
- It will take about 5-10 minutes to come to pressure and start counting down.
- When done, allow to naturally release for 2-3 minutes then using a long spoon push the valve to RELEASE, then remove your Instant Pot lid.
- (**If you want to thicken the sauce - make a cornstarch slurry using 1 teaspoon of cornstarch whisked with 2 teaspoons cold water and stir in the Instant Pot. Press SAUTE and allow to bubble and thicken up. )
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve hot with your favorite sides. Spoon sauce over chicken and garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
**I use 1/3 cup of broth combined with the juice from the lemon in my 6 Quart Instant Pot DUO with no problems or *burning sign - if needed you can increase the amount of liquid if this combination doesn't work for your Instant Pot model