Lemon Garlic Butter Herb Chicken with Asparagus is the easiest 30 minute meal that is bursting with amazing flavor. Cooked in a buttery lemon garlic herb blend to tender juicy perfection with asparagus!
Lemon Garlic Butter Herb Chicken with Asparagus
Lemon? Asparagus? If I cook with foods that remind me of spring does that mean that it will come sooner? Gah! I am so ready for the snow to melt and warmer days to come. We are starting to reach the stir crazy stage in the house. I can’t wait for the day we can go outside and take walks and go to the park again!
Even though lemon and asparagus tend to get categorized with spring, they are perfect eating all year long too. It is amazing how simple this meal is, but give it some delicious herbs and cook it in some garlic and butter and you have an amazing meal that is jam-packed with flavor.
How do you cook skillet chicken?
Cooking chicken in the skillet is one of my favorite ways. You add the butter to your pan and add the garlic, oregano, rosemary and thyme. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink and 165 degrees.
How do I cook asparagus?
You can cook asparagus in the oven or even grill it. But I love sauteing asparagus in the pan. They remain crisp but tender and are perfect!
Do I have to blanch the asparagus before cooking?
Nope! Just put the asparagus in the pan and saute in the butter and herbs until tender about 5-6 minutes.
You are going to love how this dish comes out. So easy, healthy and the perfect weeknight meal that is full of lemon garlic buttery herb goodness!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup freshly chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, or breasts
- salt and pepper
- ½ bunch asparagus, cut in half
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat add the butter until melted. Add the lemon juice, garlic, oregano, rosemary, and thyme. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink and 165 degrees. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Add the asparagus to the pan and salt and pepper. Saute for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Add chicken back to the pan for a minute or so and serve.
More skillet chicken recipes that you will love: