Roasted Honey Garlic Butter Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash is a rustic and delicious meal that is full of amazing flavor. This is a comforting meal in one that is perfect for feeding your family!
Honey is apart of so many recipes here on The Recipe Critic and I am so excited to share with you this delicious new recipe and also an important cause.
Feed a Bee is a national effort to plant more flowers and forage for honey bees and other pollinators. One of the biggest challenges for bees is finding enough food. They eat nectar and pollen from flowers. In order to keep the honey supply coming, we need to plant pollinator-attractant plants and gardens. Everyone can help feed the bees!
This holiday season, we’re celebrating pollinators for the role they play in bringing squash, cranberries, honey, pumpkins, apples and more to our tables as we gather with friends and family. This recipe includes brussels sprouts, butternut squash, cranberries, and honey which are all pollinators that help feed the bees. Some of my favorite winter foods are included in this dish and it all comes together nicely bringing you a super flavorful dish.
How do you make Roasted Honey Garlic Butter Chicken?
- Start by melting butter in a medium-sized skillet. Rub the spices on the top of the chicken thighs and sear each side until browned.
- Add the brussels sprouts and butternut squash to a large bowl. In a small bowl whisk the honey, butter, garlic, mustard, and salt. Pour half over the vegetables.
- Add the vegetables to your skillet. Pour the rest of the honey mixture over the chicken and roast in a 400-degree oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
This chicken roasted beautifully in the oven with the brussels sprouts and squash. It smelled amazing as it cooked and the honey garlic butter flavor is amazing. The chicken was so tender and juicy and I love the crisp pan seared edge.
As soon as it came out of the oven I added some pecans and dried cranberries to the top. The pecans added a crunchy nutty texture while the cranberries added something sweet. This meal had so many incredible flavors and the sweetness from the honey was key!
This is such an incredible holiday meal to feed your family. I know that you are going to love it just as much as our family did!
I hope that you join in the Feed a Bee campaign and and help by planting pollinator-attractant plants. Everyone can help! Visit FeedABee.com to learn more and use #FeedABee to spread awareness to help feed the pollinators that help feed us.
Roasted Honey Garlic Butter Chicken
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 4 bone-in skin on chicken thighs
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 2 cups butternut squash cut into one-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 Tablespoons mustard
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup whole pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the chicken skin side down and sear for 2-3 minutes until brown. Add the chicken to the skillet.
- In a large bowl add brussels sprouts and butternut squash. In a small bowl whisk the honey, butter, mustard, garlic, and salt. Pour half over the vegetables and toss to coat. Add the vegetables to the skillet. Pour the rest over the chicken.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked throughout and no longer pink. Add the dried cranberries and pecans and toss with the vegetable mixture. Enjoy!
More delicious recipes with honey:
This post was brought to you on “bee-half” of Feed a Bee, an initiative of the Bayer Bee Care Program. I was compensated in exchange for creating this recipe.