Honey Orange Glazed Chicken combines delicious spices and a sweet and tangy honey orange glaze. This makes the perfect meal for your family and has amazing flavor!
It is no secret that I love a good chicken dish. I am always trying to find new ways and different flavor combinations to use for my family. Usually most of my chicken dishes can be made in 30 minutes or less, but this glaze takes time to make. But I promise it is worth it and glazes the chicken perfectly and has amazing flavor.
The honey orange glaze is sweet and tangy while it has big and bold spices inside. It combines chili powder, coriander, and cumin which adds a little bit of spice to the sweet which helps to balance out the flavor perfectly.
Like I said, this glaze takes time to make. About 35-45 minutes of simmering on the stove to reduce and thicken up to coat the chicken perfectly. But it is totally worth the wait. It is perfect on top of the chicken.
I made this meal with chicken thighs but you can use chicken breasts if you would like. The chicken is so tender and juicy and this meal was perfect served over rice with the glaze drizzled on top. My family loved this meal and I know that you will too!
Honey Orange Glazed Chicken
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine orange juice, cider vinegar, brown sugar, honey, chili powder, coriander, and cumin. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 35-45 minutes or until sauce has reduced to one cup.
- In a medium saucepan add olive oil and heat to medium high heat. Salt and Pepper the chicken thighs and cook until 165 degrees in center and no longer pink. Drizzle the glaze on top and allow to simmer for 1-2 minutes making sure the chicken is coated well in the glaze. Serve immediately.