This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Honey Garlic Dijon Broiled Salmon seasoned with simple ingredients that comes together in just 15 minutes and literally has the best flavor ever! The best salmon of my life!
Salmon is a simple and delicious meal that comes together quickly. Try this Brown Sugar Garlic Salmon, Baked Parmesan Garlic Herb Salmon in Foil or Pan Seared Lemon Pepper Salmon for more quick and easy salmon recipes.
I just needed a salmon to brighten my week and I couldn’t have gotten any brighter with this honey garlic dijon broiled salmon.
These flavors came together and blended so well. I couldn’t believe how quick and easy it was to make.
You will love the flavor combination, most ingredients are already at home and assessable and quick to broil.
This salmon is one of our favorites and all comes together for a simple and delicious dinner under 15 minutes!
What you need to make Honey Garlic Dijon Broiled Salmon
You guys! This recipe is all about flavor, crispy-tenderness that will totally melt in your mouth good! Super simple ingredients bring you one AMAZING salmon dish.
- Salmon- the best and most important part of this recipe!
- Salt and pepper- add the extra seasoning to start off with.
- Olive Oil- this will help add flavor but also make it a little crispy when being broiled.
- Dijon Mustard- enjoy this sweet and savory sauce.
- Honey- this will bring out more sweetness and combines it all together.
- Garlic Cloves- you will want to finely mince these.
- Parsley- finely chop to add some extra flavoring.
- Fresh Thyme- finely chop for the extra flavoring as well.
How do you make Honey Garlic Dijon Broiled Salmon?
In less than 15 minutes you can have a complete meal that will impress all your family.
- Preheat the broiler. Take you baking sheet and like it with parchment paper. Lay your salmon skin side down and salt and pepper the top of it.
- Mix it together. In a small bowl mix the olive oil, Dijon Mustard, honey, garlic, parsley and thyme. Then spread evenly over the salmon.
- Broil on the center rack. Place your sheet pan about 6 inches away from the heat. Then broil for about 6-8 minutes or until desired doneness.
How to broil salmon in the oven
The broiler can be an intimating part of the oven. I know it took me a bit to figure it all out too.
Just think of it as the grill being turned upside down and you are cooking it closer to the heat.
You will want to line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper all around. This will help keep the juice all in one place.
Move your oven rack to a higher level. You will want it to be about 6 inches away from the top. Preheat your broiler on high.
Then simply broil your salmon for 6 to 8 minutes or until it is broiled to desired doneness.
How long does it take to broil salmon?
I like to keep my salmon under the broiler for about 6 to 8 minutes. If you have a thicker piece of salmon it may need 1-2 minutes longer.
How do you know if salmon is cooked fully?
The meat is cooked with the fat liquifies and runs out. Cook the salmon further only to get the degree of doneness that you desire.
When flakes separate easily but the meat is translucent, its rare but edible.
Is it better to bake or broil salmon?
This is a toss up. I do love baking my salmon and love having that tender juiciness.
Broiling a salmon brings out its natural oiliness. Also, it creates a great glaze on the crust.
Can you bake salmon?
Absolutely! We love this baked as well. Bake it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20-25 minutes or until it is cooked to the desire temperature.
What are the best sides that pair well with salmon?
- Asparagus: Perfectly Grilled Parmesan Asparagus
- Rice: Cheesy Zucchini Rice
- Green Beans: Garlic Parmesan Green Beans with Bacon
- Brussel Sprouts: Maple Roasted Brussels sprouts and Butternut Squash or Roasted Maple Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Side Salad: Summer Corn Salad
- Carrots: Glazed Carrots
- Corn: Grilled Mexican Street Corn
If you love salmon, try these recipes too!
- Garlic Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon
- Pan Seared Salmon with a Creamy Lemon Dill Sauce
- Awesome Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- Insanely Good Creamy Tuscan Garlic Salmon
- Easy Salmon Croquettes
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Honey Garlic Dijon Broiled Salmon
- Preheat the broiler and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the salmon skin side down and salt and pepper the top.
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil, Dijon Mustard, honey, garlic, parley and thyme. Spread evenly over the salmon.
- Broil on the center rack about 6 inches from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until desired doneness.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.