I love salmon. And when you are preggo, you have to be careful with fish. I am lucky that salmon is on the list of fish that are ok to eat while you are preggo. It’s a good thing because I have been craving a good salmon lately.
This salmon was perfect. It was a delicious and light meal full of flavor. I love to pan sear my salmon. It gives it an amazing crust. It is so nice how fast salmon is ready. It was ready in about 5 minutes and was perfectly flaky and tender. The lemon gave it a hint of citrus flavor and the pepper was the perfect spice. I loved everything about this quick and delicious meal.
More delicious salmon recipes:
Pan Seared Lemon Pepper Salmon
A delicious and light lemon pepper salmon that is ready in a matter of minutes!
- 2 salmon filets 6 oz each, center cut
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Coarse pepper I like to use lawry's seasoned pepper
- 2 lemons
- 3 cups baby arugula/ spinach greens
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Heat a medium non stick skillet on medium heat. While it is heating, whisk together in a bowl olive oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle the salmon fillets with pepper and coat each side in the olive oil and lemon juice. Let them rest in the bowl until the pan is preheated.
- Place salmon fillets in the pan skin side down. Cover the top and let them cook for 4-5 minutes until cooked throughout. I like the tops to also get the pan seared crust so once they are finished, I flip them over for a few seconds to brown the top.
- Sprinkle with fresh lemon and serve over the simple salad.