I love salmon but hardly make it because I know that my boys won’t eat it. So I usually order it every time that we go out to eat. But I have been wanting to eat salmon for a long time so I decided to make it for myself for lunch. This was the BEST salmon I think that I have had. It tasted like I was at a 5 star restaurant eating this. And I love that it was pan seared and had a crust to it and it was so tender and melted in my mouth! And holy cow. Have you tried brown butter? It is like crack! I have made brown butter frosting before but this brown butter lime sauce to top the salmon was perfection!
I wanted to make my little boy try this when he got home from school. Because unlike the picky one, he will at least try everything! I had him try a bite and he said, Mom, this chicken is AMAZING!! I think I will make ‘chicken’ more often!! 😉
Honey Glazed Salmon with Browned Butter Lime Sauce
I love that it was pan seared and had a crust to it and it was so tender and melted in my mouth!
- 4 salmon fillets 6 oz.
- 8 tsp flour divided
- 8 tsp honey divided
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- zest of 2 limes
Browned Butter Lime Sauce
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Place the salmon fillets onto a cutting board and put 1 tsp flour on each side and evenly spreading the flour over the salmon. Evenly drizzle 1 tsp honey onto each side of the salmon.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil into a saucepan and heat to medium. Since you don't want to overcrowd the pan, you may want to use two pans and use the other 1 tbsp of olive oil, or do two batches.
- Carefully place the salmon into the pan and cook 3-5 minutes on each side browning each side of the salmon.
- While salmon is cooking, to make the sauce heat the butter into a small saucepan. Swirl the butter occasionally until it has turned a light brown color and is fragrant. Remove from heat and whisk the garlic, honey, salt and pepper into the sauce.
- Pour the browned butter sauce over the salmon and sprinkle with your lime zest and enjoy!
Alyssa Also Recommends:
Want to make this even easier? Here are a few products that I LOVE:
•Utopia Kitchen Cooking Knives
•Cuisinart Stainless Steel Chopper
•Calphalon Cookware Set