I really dislike all seafood. I remember ordering a chinese dish and getting shrimp instead of chicken. I took one bite and that chewy texture of the shrimp was so gross to me! But when I was trying to eat better after my first son was born, I decided to try salmon. Salmon is a good start if you hate seafood. I loved it! Now I will actually order salmon when I go out to eat because I have grown to love it so much. It is healthy for you and it isn’t too extreme with the fishy taste. My nine year old actually thought that it was chicken!
I love salmon because it is so easy and fast to cook. You put it under the broiler for 5 minutes on each side and it is cooked perfectly. I especially loved the asian glaze on this because it gave it such a great flavor. It had all of my favorite things in the glaze and I am a lover of Asian inspired dishes. I knew I would love it and it made such a great meal served with asparagus and brown rice. Even if you aren’t a seafood lover, you need to give this recipe a try! 🙂
Asian Glazed Salmon
Delicious melt in your mouth salmon with an amazing asian glaze!
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons ginger peeled and grated
- Dried red pepper flakes to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 4 salmon fillets 1-2 pound boneless, skinless
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes, garlic and lime juice.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat until sauce thickens. Set aside.
- Preheat the broiler to high. Line a baking dish with foil and place salmon on top.
- Baste with glaze and broil for 4 minutes. Remove salmon from the oven, turn over, baste with glaze and return to the oven to broil for 4 more minutes.
- Carefully remove salmon from the oven and baste one more time before serving.