Asian Pan Seared Salmon Salad is bright and vibrant and complete with an amazing honey sesame dressing that takes this salad to a whole new level of delicious!
Are you guys ready for one of the best salads that you will ever make? Seriously though. You guys know me all too well by now and my love for asian foods and salmon. So when you combine the two I am in h-e-a-v-e-n. Some of my top posts are asian inspired recipes. I literally buy soy sauce by the truck load.
Having a good quality soy sauce is important when creating asian recipes. I was so excited to discover Pearl River Bridge Soy Sauce and Gold Plum Chinking Vinegar. They are key to bringing out such amazing flavor in the dressing!
Pearl River Bridge inherits the 3,000 years of soy sauce brewing history and insists on naturally brewing their soy sauce in the traditional way! You guys are going to LOVE the flavor of this soy sauce and it is perfect poured over finished dishes, used as a condiment or dipping sauce. I especially loved their light soy sauce because it was still full of flavor unlike other brands that I have tried. I also discovered Gold Plum Chinkiang vinegar which is considered to be the best black vinegar. Both of these added such amazing flavor and made the Honey Sesame Dressing out of this world!
Soy Sauce+Chinkiang Vinegar+Honey+Garlic+Ginger= True love! This salad dressing is positively addicting and the perfect finishing touch. It is sweet and tangy and comes together quickly. You can use this dressing on top of any type of salad. A veggie salad or chicken salad… which ever you prefer!
Lets just talk about the salmon for a second. I love salmon. Amy favorite way to make salmon is to pan sear it. The edges get nice and crisp and the inside is perfectly tender and flaky. It tops the salad perfectly.
All of the ingredients in this salad are fresh and delicious. It starts with crisp romaine lettuce with red cabbage, shredded carrots, mandarine oranges, red onion, edamame, and topped with crunchy almonds. I loved every single thing about this salad. So many flavors in each bite and I especially loved the mandarine oranges!
Since we are heading into summer and swimsuit season is here I know that you are going to fall in love with this salad just as much as I did! It is light and delicious and the flavor is incredible. It will become a new favorite with the first bite and you will want to make it again and again!
Asian Pan Seared Salmon Salad with Honey Sesame Dressing
- 2 4 ounce salmon fillets (I used sock eye salmon)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups fresh romaine chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup mandarine oranges
- 1/4 cup edamame
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
Honey Sesame Dressing:
- 3 Tablespoons[url:1]Pearl River Bridge Light Soy Sauce[/url]
- 1/4 cup Gold Plum Chinkiang Vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Teaspoons Sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat a medium heavy skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Coat salmon with olive oil and salt and pepper. Place in skillet, and increase heat to high. Cook for 3 minutes. Turn salmon over, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Salmon is done when it flakes easily with a fork. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine fresh romaine, chopped red cabbage, shredded carrots, mandarine oranges, edamame. Toss until combined. Slice the salmon and toss. Top with sliced almonds,
- To make the honey sesame dressing combine soy sauce, vinegar, honey, garlic, ginger, olive oil, sesame oil and sesame seeds in a small bowl and whisk. Add desired amount of dressing to salad.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
This post was sponsored by Pearl River Bridge. I love working with brands that I use in my own kitchen. All opinions expressed are my own.