This easy Lemon Salmon Piccata is a gorgeous main dish where salmon filets are nestled in the most delicious creamy lemon sauce. You’ll be licking that pan clean!
We are all salmon lovers here in the My Food Story household. Especially when we can get our hands on some fresh salmon fillets.
I’m especially in love with this creamy dreamy lemon sauce that has all the fresh, vibrant spring feels. It’s almost as if we are announcing spring with this recipe right now. I mean just imagine salmon fillets seared on the pan till they are flaky, and then nestled in a cream based sauce that’s got big squirts of lime juice, garlic and capers. I’m puckering up just thinking about it.
This is a one pan dish which starts with cooking the salmon fillets. You set them aside while you cook the sauce and then as soon as you are done, add the salmon fillets back to the pan so that they can soak it all up.
Just look at that delicious sauce drizzling down. Doesn’t make you want to drink it all up?
I love making this recipe during weeknights because it takes less than 30 minutes to make. There is no chopping, grinding or any other prep. The list of ingredients is five if you don’t count the usual suspects – salt and pepper and everything’s usually there in my pantry.
The only step that’s important to note is that you shouldn’t simmer your sauce too much once the cream is added. Give it a minute or two and you are set. Otherwise you may have the risk of splitting the sauce.
We love serving this with steamed broccoli, steamed rice or quinoa, but if you want more carbs, you can also serve this lemon salmon piccata with mashed potatoes. Either way, you’ll love this recipe!
Lemon Salmon Piccata
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- Juice of 1 1/2 Lemon
- 3 tablespoons Capers drained
- 1/2 cup Cooking Cream
- Pat the salmon fillets dry and sprinkle salt and pepper on each side.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a skillet and add the salmon fillets skin down. Cook on each side for 4-5 minutes and then remove them from the pan.
- Add garlic to the pan and cook for a minute. Add the chicken broth and bring to a quick boil. Simmer for 5-6 minutes till the broth has reduced to half. Mix in the lemon juice and capers.
- Add the cream and let this simmer for two minutes. Add the salmon fillets back to the pan. Check and adjust the seasoning and turn off the flame. Serve immediately.
More Seafood Recipes You’ll Love