Pan Seared Salmon with a Creamy Lemon Dill Sauce is perfectly crispy and flaky salmon that is in the most amazing creamy lemon dill sauce.
I never thought that I would be such a salmon lover. But here I am. Completely obsessed. Salmon is a huge part of my diet and we have it in our house at least once a week. One of our favorite salmon recipes to make is this Pan Seared Brown Butter Lime Sauce Salmon. I love a pan seared crispy edge salmon that is perfectly tender and flaky inside.
Whenever we go out to eat I love trying different salmon recipes. I had this pan seared salmon that had the most amazing creamy lemon dill sauce. It was one of the best salmon recipes that I have ever had and I immediately made it for myself at home.
How do you sear salmon?
- Start by adding a Tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Heat to medium-low heat. Salt and pepper the salmon and place skin side down for 5 minutes. Flip to the other side and continue to cook the other side for 5 minutes. Cook the salmon until brown and flaky.
As soon as this salmon is nice and crispy brown you create the most amazing creamy lemon dill sauce. Salmon and a creamy dill sauce go so AMAZING together! The sauce is so easy to make but is creamy and delicious with a slight lemon tang. This meal is so good that I am already craving it again.
Pan seared salmon + a creamy lemon dill sauce = a total dinner win!
Pan Seared Salmon with a Creamy Lemon Dill Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 6 oz salmon fillets
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- In a medium sized skillet heat the olive oil over medium low heat. Salt and pepper the salmon and add to the skillet skin sized down. Heat for about 5 minutes and flip the salmon to the other side and cook for another 5 minutes until the salmon is brown and center is slightly pink. Remove salmon and set aside on a plate.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook until tender. Add the heavy cream, chicken broth, and lemon juice. In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and water. Add to the sauce. Let simmer for 3-4 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Add the salmon back to the skillet and heat through. Add fresh dill to the sauce and serve.
More delicious salmon recipes: