Creamy Broccoli Salad is a delicious broccoli salad with fresh strawberries, almonds, and feta cheese. Strawberries and broccoli combination create a sweet and savory salad with the creamy dressing on top makes it the best!
Strawberry and Broccoli Salad
I love that strawberries are coming into season! I especially love using fresh strawberries in salads. They add such a sweet and yummy texture. These strawberries in this broccoli salad are amazing and give it the perfect balance of sweet and savory! After I made this Broccoli Apple Salad I fell in love with the fruit and vegetable combination.
I love how you are getting the best of both worlds with this strawberry broccoli salad. Fruit and veggies packed inside! Then you add some diced red onions, almonds, and feta cheese. Pure Perfection! This is the best side salad to take to any potluck, bbq, or summertime party. Strawberry and broccoli salad is the perfect salad for color, flavor, and taste!
Ingredients for Broccoli Strawberry Salad
This strawberry broccoli salad will instantly become a favorite with the first bite. It is gorgeous with fresh strawberries throughout and tastes incredible. I use my favorite creamy dressing on all of my broccoli salads because it is the BEST!
- Broccoli Florets: Fresh, washed broccoli is best.
- Strawberries: Cut into fourths for better eating and mixture.
- Almonds: I used sliced almonds.
- Feta Cheese: Adds flavor and soft, chewy addition to the broccoli salad.
- Red Onion: This is a mild onion that adds a crispy crunch to every bite.
How to Make Broccoli Salad with Strawberries
This salad gets rave reviews every single time I make it. It is lightened up so you can still enjoy a flavorful and healthy salad that is sure to be a hit! In a large bowl combine broccoli, strawberries, sliced almonds, feta cheese, and red onion. It is that simple!
Ingredients for the Creamy Dressing in the Broccoli Salad
This dressing is my go-to for all broccoli salads. It is perfect to whisk together and make when you need a side dish fast. This strawberry broccoli salad is a side dish that everyone will be raving about!
- Mayonnaise: I like to use lite mayonnaise since I add sugar.
- Greek Yogurt: Low-fat Greek yogurt seems to work well and saves on calories.
- Lemon Juice: This can be from squeezing a lemon or from lemon juice.
- Sugar: Adds sweetness to the dressing.
- Salt and Pepper: Just a pinch!
- Poppyseeds: A great topping and adds a mild flavor.
How Do you Make the Creamy Dressing?
Whisk together mayonnaise, greek yogurt, lemon juice, sugar, salt, pepper, and poppyseeds. It is so simple to make and stirs together perfectly! This broccoli salad with strawberries is ready to go in no time.
Can you Make this Salad Ahead of Time?
Yes! This salad is a great salad to make ahead of time. Leave in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days prior to serving. Keep cool and out of the heat when being served. The mayonnaise and greek yogurt will spoil if it gets too hot.
Creamy Strawberry Broccoli Salad
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 2 medium heads)
- 1 pound strawberries about 2 cups, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup diced red onion
Creamy dressing ingredients:
- ½ cup lite mayonnaise
- ½ cup low fat greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon poppyseeds
- In a large bowl combine broccoli, strawberries, sliced almonds, feta cheese, and red onion.
- To make the dressing: Whisk together mayonnaise, greek yogurt, lemon juice, sugar, salt, pepper, and poppyseeds.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss to coat. Chill until ready to serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
A Reader’s Review