When I did my BBQ round-up idea and found this recipe I knew I had to make it. I have seen it everywhere and it looks so amazing and perfect for summer! I was curious to know how a pretzel crust would taste and the result was fantastic!
I especially loved the layers in this dessert. The sweet and salty pretzel crust, the cream cheese middle, and the jello strawberry layer on top! Perfection! Everyone loved this salad and it didn’t last long. I am so glad I finally gave this recipe a try because it is a keeper!
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 2 1/2 cups pretzels crushed
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1 6 ounce box instant strawberry jello
- 1 16 ounce container of fresh strawberries sliced, or 1 10 ounce package frozen strawberries
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 8 ounce container of cool whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine crushed pretzels, sugar, and melted butter. Press into a lightly greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 8 minutes and remove from oven. Let cool completely.
- Make the jello according to package directions. Mix in the fresh strawberries. Let refrigerate for an hour or so to let it partially set.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar together until creamy. Fold in the cool whip. Spread the mixture over the top of the pretzel crust completely to the edges so the jello won't leak through.
- Pour the jello over the cream cheese layer and refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving!