This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Introducing the red, white, and blue cheesecake salad, a delightful and patriotic summer fruit salad that combines the vibrant flavors of strawberries and blueberries with creamy cheesecake and fluffy marshmallows. It’s super easy to throw together and a hit at every potluck!
They may not be the healthiest kind of salad, but creamy fruit salads are one of my all-time favorite side dishes to make. They taste so good, and everyone loves them! If you’re looking for more recipes to add to your summer potluck list, try strawberry cheesecake salad or pineapple fluff!
Red White and Blue Cheesecake Salad Recipe
The Fourth of July is just around the corner, and this red white and blue cheesecake salad is the perfect thing to make! Not only is it festive and colorful, but creamy, sweet, and bursting with berry flavor. Really, there’s no wrong time to make this fruit salad. It’s perfect for any summer potluck or barbecue!
One of the things I love most about this cheesecake salad is that it’s so easy to make. You only need a few simple ingredients like Cool Whip, mini marshmallows, pudding mix, and berries! Mix it all together, and you have a cool, fruity side dish that looks as good as it tastes! For more great summer sides, try this very berry cheesecake salad or creamy grape salad.
Ingredients You’ll Need
I love this recipe because you can make a lot of fruit salad with just a few simple, inexpensive ingredients. It’s perfect for bringing to a summer potluck! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Whipped Topping: Adds a light, creamy texture to the fruit salad.
- Cheesecake Pudding Powder: Makes the red white and blue salad nice and sweet!
- Vanilla Yogurt: Mixes with the pudding powder to create a smooth consistency.
- Strawberries and Blueberries: Not only are these berries key to making the red white and blue cheesecake salad, well, red and blue, but they also add juicy flavor to every bite.
- Mini Marshmallows: These are the best part of any creamy salad, in my opinion. The soft texture they add is so irresistible!
How to Make Red, White, and Blue Cheesecake Salad
With how easy this red white and blue salad is to make, you’ll want it all summer long. It’s sweet and creamy but also cool and refreshing, perfect for a hot afternoon!
- Cheesecake Mixture: In a large bowl mix together the yogurt and pudding powder. Fold in the whipped topping. Then cover and refrigerate to allow it to set up for about an hour.
- Add Berries and Marshmallows: Add the sliced strawberries, blueberries, and marshmallows right before serving. Keep refrigerated.
Ways to Customize Your Salad
You can add so many different delicious things to red white and blue cheesecake salad. Here are a few ideas!
- Add More Fruit: Add fresh raspberries, cherries or blackberries!
- Add More Texture: Add in slivered almonds, shredded coconut, or acini de pepe. (This will make it taste similar to frog eye salad.)
- Cheesecake Pudding Substitute: If you can’t find it or just don’t have it on hand, swap out the whipped topping and pudding powder for 8 ounces of cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and 2 cups heavy whipping cream all whipped together.
Storing Leftovers and Making Ahead
If you have leftovers of your red white and blue cheesecake salad, cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap or transfer to an airtight container. It will stay good for 3-4 days. If you’re planning on making this salad ahead of time, I recommend storing your pudding mixture and fruit separately until ready to serve.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Red White and Blue Cheesecake Salad
- 8 ounces whipped topping thawed
- 1 small package cheesecake pudding powder 3.4 ounces
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt about 3 6-ounce yogurt containers
- 16 ounces sliced strawberries
- 1 ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- In a large bowl mix together the yogurt and pudding powder. Fold in the whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate to allow it to set up for about an hour.
- Add the sliced strawberries, blueberries, and marshmallows right before serving. Keep refrigerated.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.