Creamy Grape Salad is a sweet and sour combination with bright green and purple grapes frosted with silky smooth sour cream and topped with a crunchy pecan. Just imagine big, juicy crisp grapes surrounded by a creamy goodness.
I am obsessed with fruit. I could probably live off of fruit. Blackberry Lime Fruit Salad, Very Berry Cheesecake Salad or Honey Lime Poppy Seed Fruit Salad are great fruit side salads that are perfect for your next BBQ or potluck.
Creamy Grape Salad
You guys! Grapes are in and I needed this salad for a quick BBQ this weekend. It is so easy to make and tastes even better. This salad never lasts long when I make it. I love the combination of flavors and the sweet, crunchy, smooth texture in every bite.
This Grape Salad has all that you need for a quick salad to come together and enjoy with everyone around you. It is perfect for BBQ, side dish or even cupped in for baby and bridal showers. It looks just as good as it tastes!
Whenever I go to the store, I have to buy some kind of fruit. When the big, juicy, crisp grapes come into season, I am in heaven. I totally stocked up on grapes the last time I went to the store and made this amazing creamy grape salad.
This salad was quick and easy to make. It comes together in just a few minutes and is the perfect amount of sweetness. The top is sprinkled with brown sugar and chopped pecans for the perfect finishing touch.
How can this grape salad not be a huge hit? Everyone that I served it to absolutely loved it. Take this to your next get together and it is sure to be a hit as well!
How do you make Creamy Grape Salad?
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla until blended.
- Add grapes and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Top with brown sugar and pecans before serving.
How Long Does Grape Salad Last in the Refrigerator?
You will make this salad the day before serving, the grapes will soften too much. Grape salad tastes best when it is chilled. It is best to keep in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. You will want to add the brown sugar and pecans right before serving.
Can You Freeze this Grape Salad?
You will not want to freeze this salad. It will not thaw well.
Can You Cut Grapes in Half?
Yes! That is a great idea and best for little ones. This will prevent a choking hazard as well an easier bite for everyone.
What can You Substitute Cream Cheese and/or Sour Cream With?
- Make sure your cream cheese is softened (room temperature is best) or your mixture will be lumpy.
- You can lighten the recipe by using greek yogurt or light cream cheese in place of the sour cream and whole fat cream cheese.
- You can whip together cream cheese and cool whip (homemade recipe) to make a lighter texture.
Looking for more side salads? Here are some!
- Best Ever Creamy Pea Salad with Bacon
- Classic Potato Salad Recipe
- Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- Best Ever Ambrosia Salad
Creamy Grape Salad
- 2 lbs seedless green grapes
- 2 lbs seedless red grapes
- 1 (8 opackage cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons chopped pecans
In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla until blended.
Add grapes and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Top with brown sugar and pecans before serving.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Grape Salad Recipe
Recipe from Taste of Home Cookbook