This easy Christmas Fruit Salad recipe is loaded with red and green fruit, making it the perfect light and healthy addition to your holiday table! With a super simple dressing, it comes together quickly and is sure to be a hit!
Hey everyone! It’s Ashley from The Recipe Rebel and I’m back with the easiest holiday recipe yet — and it’s one you’re going to need with all of the parties coming up this month!
With all of the feasting and indulging, I love throwing this light and healthy Christmas fruit salad on the table (with the main course or the desserts — you choose!) to offset some of the chocolates I know I’ll be eating.
It looks pretty, and is so easy to make that you’ll make it your go-to potluck dish from now on 😉
Since I’m not lucky enough to live in some beautiful, warm, sunny climate throughout the Christmas season, I understand that it can sometimes be difficult to find fruit that looks fresh this time of year.
Feel free to just shop around in your grocery store and see which red and green fruit looks best to you, and add more or less of some things if you find they’re on sale or just look good to you!
And if you decide just to skip the main course and opt for a festive fruit salad bar and a bowl of chocolates on the side, you might also enjoy this Creamy Fruit Salad or this Hawaiian Fruit Salad as well 😉
Tips for making this Christmas Fruit Salad:
- This is not a rigid recipe. Use a little more, or a little less, swap things out for other things you prefer — you do you!
- If you really want to impress people with your fruit salad skills, try making red and green layers in a glass trifle dish for a fun presentation.
- Don’t make it too far in advance: most fruit is best just after it is cut or sliced. The fresher your fruit salad, the better.
- You can easily make the dressing in advance to save yourself a few minutes on the big day! It can be prepared and refrigerated for 2-3 days before dressing your salad.
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, sliced
- 1 red apples, any kind, sliced
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup red grapes
- 2 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup raspberries
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine all fruit in a glass bowl (be careful not to stir too much or the raspberries will squish!).
- Stir together honey, lime juice and water to make a thin dressing. Drizzle over fruit and stir gently to coat.
- May be covered and refrigerate up to 6 hours before serving.