Strawberry Cheesecake Salad
Strawberry Cheesecake Salad Ingredients:
- Whipped topping: Thaw in refrigerator overnight.
- Cheesecake pudding powder: The cheesecake flavor of pudding gives this fruit salad the richness of cheesecake with a less dense consistency.
- Strawberry yogurt: The creaminess of the yogurt mixes perfectly with the pudding and whipped topping to make a soft and sweet filling.
- Fresh strawberries: Dry after slicing to keep them from getting mushy.
- 3 bananas: Slice and wait to add to the salad until the last minute to keep it as fresh as possible.
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows: Optional, but its my kids’ favorite part of this salad!
How do you make Strawberry Cheesecake Salad?
- Thaw the whipped topping. In a large salad bowl mix together the yogurt, pudding and whipped topping. Put in the fridge and allow to set up for an hour.
- Wash and slice the strawberries. Add them to the mixture with the. marshmallows. Add in the bananas right before serving. Keep refrigerated.
How do you keep fruit salad fresh?
- Keep fruit dry: Any water that is present will cause the produce to soften faster. Keep air off of it and dry your fruit after you wash it. Save problem produce like bananas and add right before serving.
- Store fruit separately from cheesecake mixture: When making this recipe ahead of time, prepare the cheesecake mixture and refrigerate in a bowl. Separately, mix all the fruit in a large bowl and refrigerate. Then, before serving, drain any excess liquid from the fruit. Finally, fold the cheesecake filling into the fruit and its ready to be served and enjoyed!
Tips for making Strawberry Cheesecake Salad:
- Slice strawberries with a sturdy egg slicer for even pieces.
- Add the fruit just before serving so it doesn’t get mushy or discolored.
- Do not pour all the creamer in at once. Instead add it in gradually to keep the cream cheese from getting lumpy.
Variations for Cheesecake Salad:
- If you cannot find a 5.1 oz (large) box of instant cheesecake pudding mix, use 1 ½ small (3.4 oz) boxes.
- For extra tanginess, use some sour cream in place of some of the yogurt.
- The amount of strawberries used will depend on how much fruit-to-fluff that you want.
- You can add any fruit you want to this incredibly versatile salad! Some great choices are pineapple, mango, mandarin oranges, grapes, kiwis, raspberries, blackberries, or melons..
- To swap out the creamer use: 1 cup of heavy cream, ¼ cup powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract!
More Fresh Fruit Salad Recipes:
- Honey Lime Poppy Seed Fruit Salad
- Blackberry Lime Fruit Salad
- Creamy Poppyseed Fruit Salad
- Honey Lime Quinoa Fruit Salad
- Fruit Salad
Strawberry Cheesecake Salad
Strawberry Cheesecake Salad is a sweet and creamy dessert with fresh hidden strawberries throughout! This is the biggest hit at any potluck!
- 12 ounce whipped topping thawed
- 1 small package cheesecake pudding powder 3.4 ounce
- 3 (6 ounce) strawberry yogurt
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 3 bananas. Sliced
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows optional
Wash the strawberries and pat dry with a paper towel. Add the strawberries, marshmallows and bananas right before serving. Keep refrigerated.
Updated on April 8, 2020
Originally Posted on June 25, 2012
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.