Ambrosia Salad is filled with mandarin oranges, pineapple, maraschino cherries, coconut, and marshmallows and mixed in a fluffy cool whip! This is a potluck classic!
Now I am going to be the first to admit that I am not above cool whip or marshmallows in a fruit salad. I mean, we grew up on this Pistachio Salad when I was little. And no potluck is complete in Utah without a cool whip marshmallow salad. I love them!
I am always making Ambrosia Salads for potlucks. Why haven’t I put this out on the blog until now!? This is a true potluck classic. I love how it is filled with pineapple, cherries, mandarin oranges, crunchy pecans and mixed into a cool whip sour cream fluff of glory! ha! No potluck is complete without this cool and creamy summer salad and I know that your family is going to love it!
How do you make Ambrosia Salad?
In a large mixing bowl add cool whip and sour cream and mix. Fold in pineapple, cherries, mandarin oranges, coconut, chopped pecans, and marshmallows until combined. Cover and chill for at least an hour or overnight.
Can you make Ambrosia Salad a day ahead?
You can make ambrosia salad a day ahead. It is always best to let fruit salads chill to let the cream settle and fruits to chill.
How long can you keep ambrosia salad in the fridge?
Properly stored fruit salads will last 3-5 days in the fridge.
Looking for more delicious potluck salads? Look no further:
8 ouncecool whip, thawed
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 (15
ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- ¾ cup maraschino cherries, without stems, sliced in half
- 3 cup marshmallows (I like using the multi-colored flavored marshmallows)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl add thawed cool whip and sour cream and stir until combined. Add in the mandarin oranges, pineapple, cherries, marshmallows, coconut
- Stir until combined and chill salad for at least 1 hour or overnight.