Snickers Caramel Apple Salad is a mixture of snickers bites and fresh pieces of apple all covered in a vanilla cool whip dressing and topped with sweet chocolate and caramel sauce and crunchy peanuts. This perfect sweet and salty salad is so delicious and surprisingly easy to make!
Snickers Caramel Apple Salad
Hey hey it’s Tiffany from Creme de la Crumb! You guyyysss, this salad is the BOMB. Seriously though. When I first heard of Snickers in a salad I thought, okay gross, chocolate and lettuce? But then I realized that it’s a dessert salad and snickers go incredibly well with apples so it has to be good right?
This is a perfect dessert for those backyard BBQs. It’s cool and creamy, with a bit of crunch and the best part is that it is SO easy! You just stir everything together and let it chill for about an hour and voila, a summer dessert everyone will go nuts for!
Ingredients for a Snickers Apple Salad:
I love the freshness of fruit combined with the sweetness of a snickers bar. Not to mention the creamy cool whip! These ingredients are simple but pack big flavor!
- Green and Red apples: Chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Snickers bars: 6king size OR 12 snack size Snickers bars.
- Vanilla pudding mix: 5 ounces, not prepared
- Cool whip: Thaw in the refrigerator until it will mix easily.
- Peanuts: Chopped to garnish the top of the salad.
- Chocolate and Caramel syrup: Drizzle the salad with these sweet sauces at the end according to your preference.
How to Make a Snickers Salad:
This recipe was adapted from a food.com recipe that I was so intrigued by. Mixing dessert and salad is an unusual idea that really works! It is simple and easy to put together and there is no way to mess it up!
- Mix Creamy coating: Mix together cool whip and pudding mix until smooth.
- Cut snickers and apples: Chop Snickers into 1/2-inch pieces and apples into 1 inch pieces.
- Combine ingredients: Add apples and snickers to whipped cream mixture and stir in.
- Garnish: Drizzle with caramel sauce and chocolate syrup and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Chill: Allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
Tips and Variations for the Caramel Apple Salad:
To make this salad your own, add in your family’s favorites. The good thing is that there is no wrong way to put together a dessert salad. Just think of balancing the sweet and salty flavors. Then, consider the texture of your salad and be sure you have filled it with crunchy ingredients to cover with the creamy sauce.
- Pudding mix: Try butterscotch pudding instead of vanilla pudding mix for extra depth of flavor. Other pudding ideas I have seen that sound delicious are cheesecake and french vanilla.
- Candy: Use a twix or butterfinger or whatever your favorite bar is instead of the Snickers. I personally think the saltier candies work best, like a pay day or Take 5 bar.
- Fruit: Use any crisp tart fruit you have on hand. I love the idea of adding pear too!
- Use cold ingredients: Freeze or Refrigerate the candy bar before adding it in. Keep your apples cool in the refrigerator until ready to use as well.
- Storing Caramel Apple Salad: This recipe is best served the day it is made. However, you can refrigerate it for a day if needed.
More Dessert Salad Recipes:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Salad
- Pistachio Pudding Salad
- Mandarin Orange Salad
- Pineapple Pretzel Salad
- Best Ever Ambrosia Salad
Snickers Caramel Apple Salad
- 2 green apples
- 2 red apples chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 6 king size Snickers bars OR 12 snack size Snickers bars
- 1 container instant vanilla pudding mix 5 ounces, not prepared
- 12 ounces cool whip thawed
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.