A BBQ potluck in the summertime is my absolute favorite!! There really is nothing better than amazing grilled food on a hot summer day and these recipes are no exception!!
Hot Dogs and hamburgers are no longer the stars of the show at a BBQ! These recipes are going to blow your mind with the crazy variety of options and amazing tastes. Start by trying out some of my tried and true favorites like THEE BEST Grilled Shrimp, Amazing Grilled Vegetables, and Brown Sugar Grilled Peaches!
Summer BBQ Potluck
I don’t know about you guys but I love a good BBQ in the summer! It is so fun to get family and friends together, relax outdoors and grill up some delicious food! Sometimes it is hard to know what to grill, or what to bring as a side to a family potluck. This is where I come in! I’ve taken the time to figure out what is perfect to bring to a BBQ potluck! There are so many amazing things to grill and sides to take! You will never have to wonder what to have at your summer BBQ again!
My absolute favorite thing about a potluck, and a (summer BBQ potluck nonetheless!) is that I get to try SO many different foods! I know that we host a potluck so that we don’t have to do everything ourselves… But I really love to have them for the different recipes! I get giddy thinking of all the new stuff I go away wanting to try! These recipes that I have included in this round-up are the very best, tried, and true BBQ potluck recipes that you will ever try. There are sweet options, savory options, and some that are so juicy and delicious that you will be wishing that you could grill outside all year long!
Tips to Becoming Your Neighborhood Grill Master
We all know that person who is a wizard at grilling. Everything they cook on that grill turns to gold and you can’t help but drool over the way they get the meat so juicy and the vegetables so tender. Read through these few tips to help you grill and before you know it, that person will be YOU and your BBQ potluck will be the new talk of the town!
- Clean: You always want to start with a clean grill. Use that metal scrub brush and make sure there isn’t a lingering of last nights meal!
- Fewer flips: If you find that your food is sticking to the grill, don’t try and move it around. It will break and you will let out all of the juices. It’s best to flip less often. Your food will unstick itself when it’s ready to be flipped!
- Let it rest: Just like when you cook meat inside, when you are done on the BBQ, let it rest! Take your meat off the grill and give it a few minutes to soak in all of those juices before you chow down on it!
- How to know when it’s done: If you are unsure about whether or not your food is done, buy a meat thermometer! You can then just test your meat before you take it off the grill and be confident that it’s safe to eat. Chicken is done at 165 degrees, salmon, steak and pork are done at 145 degrees.
- Don’t flatten the meat: I know that you want those perfectly shaped hamburgers but resist the temptation to flatten them out. It squeezes all of the juices out and makes them dry!
I need the recipe for the Texas style baked beans. Please!!!!
I am unable to find the link to that recipe; however, I do have a Lion House Baked Beans recipe you are welcome to try.
Hope that helps! XOXO
Great post! Have nice day ! 🙂 eednn
I want every single one of those! Thanks for linking to my recipes!
Thanks for including me in this great roundup; can’t wait to try some of these delicious recipes!
Perfect timing for summer! This is a great list!
Awesome round up! Thanks for including me! 🙂 Pinning!
What a great list Alyssa! LOVE this!
Aghh!! That”s me!! Thanks for linking to my recipes!
Anytime girl. Its an honor to feature your recipes! 😀
Great summer grilling ideas, Alyssa!
Thanks so much for including mine!