Grilled Vegetable Kabobs are tossed in a spicy lemony marinade and grilled till lightly charred. They soak up all the flavor and become juicy, tender but remain slightly crunchy.
Grilled Vegetable Kabobs
This is the best way to eat vegetables this summer. Lemony, garlicky marinade that’s got a slight spice kick from paprika and juicy veggies that stay that way on the grill. There is so much to love about this recipe. And these take just a few minutes on the grill so they are literally the first to cook and the first to finish.
Marinade for Grilled Vegetables
The marinade for these grilled veggies is really simple. I like to combine olive oil, butter (because flavour!), minced garlic, parsley, oregano, paprika, pepper, salt and lime juice. Just whisk everything together and pour it all over those veggies. Let them soak up the flavour for about ten minutes. This gives the veggies some time to sweat and the marinade to work its magic.
Make sure to use your hands to work the marinade into the veggies. That ways you’ll ensure that every tiny crevice has marinade on it. You don’t want to miss any bits and parts.
I prefer using dried herbs in the marinade because fresh herbs tend to burn easily on the grill. Dries herbs are easily available, and pack in so much flavour in just a little bit.
Vegetables for Grilled Vegetable Kabobs
You can pick from a variety of summer vegetables – corn, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms and bell peppers are my favourite. But I also love adding pineapple, red onions, cooked baby potatoes and brussel sprouts. Just cut them into large pieces so that they don’t cook too fast and burn.
Best Way to Cook Vegetable Kabobs:
You can make them on an outdoor grill, or if you live in an apartment and don’t have access to one, use an oven or the stove to grill these. Either way these will be delicious!
These are so easy to put together that you’ll be amazed at how good they taste when they come off the grill. The marinade can also be used for chicken, fish or steak. This recipe is so versatile!
More Grilling Recipes to Try:
- Grilled Corn
- Grilled Caesar Salad
- Grilled Pizza
- Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken
- Grilled Scallops
- Grilled Steak
Grilled Vegetable Kabobs
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Melted Butter
- 3/4 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried Basil
- 3/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Corn on the Cob cut into 5 parts
- 1 Red Bell Pepper cubed
- .5 pound Mushrooms
- .5 pound Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Zucchini cut into rounds
- Prepare the grill and heat it for medium high heat cooking.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the marinade and pour them all over the veggies. Mix well. Let this sit for 10 minutes and then skewer the veggies.
- Place the skewers on the grill. Cook till the vegetables are lightly charred (approx 2-2.5 minutes) and then flip them to cook the vegetables on the other side. Brush once with leftover marinade in the bowl while they cook. Once they are charred all over and tender, remove them off the grill and serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.