Caramelized Brown Sugar Cinnamon Grilled Pineapple
When I tell you that this is one of the best sides that you will grill this summer, it is no joke! It goes great with anything that you will grill and it will be the talk of the barbecue. I know that you will love this just as much as we did. It is truly a five star recipe!
- Pineapple: The main ingredient turned into something spectacular.
- Brown Sugar: Sweeten the sauce with brown sugar.
- Butter: Melting the butter will help spread the glaze evenly.
- Cinnamon: Adds a little sweetness with a hint of spice. Sprinkle some cinnamon overtop of the spears as well as adding it to the glaze.
How to Grill Pineapple:
The sauce is incredible. It is a buttery brown sugar cinnamon glaze. When the pineapple cooks on the grill, the sauce caramelizes and becomes absolutely incredible on top of these! The pineapple stays juicy and grills to perfection. You will be amazed with your first bite!
- Making the caramelized glaze: Lay the pineapple spears on a pan. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. (If it seems thick, I always put it in the microwave for a few seconds so that it can easily pour on top of the pineapple.)
- With a brush: Spread on top of the pineapple.
- Grilling pineapple: Grill for about 7-10 minutes or until it is starting to turn golden brown. I always like to brush the excess sauce from the pan back on top of the pineapple before serving.
The Recipe Critic Pro Tip:
Spray or wipe the grill before oil or use a grill pan to cook the pineapple on the grill.
Variations of Glaze:
It is always fun to try new things and with pineapple it makes it even more delicious. Try these amazing flavors that also compliment the grilled pineapple.
- Honey: Substitute the brown sugar for honey for a sweeter glaze or even half brown sugar and half honey.
- Spicy: Add a little spice with chili powder or cayenne pepper in the glaze.
- Coconut and Fruit Juice: This is a citrus favorite. Use lime, orange or lemon juice to infuse the pineapple with a bold citrusy flavor.
What to Serve with Grilled Pineapple:
This grilled pineapple is perfect as a side dish, adding it to salads or salsa. This pineapple tastes delicious once grilled and can be served so many ways.
- Appetizer: Add some extra flavor to this pineapple cheese ball
- Side Dish: Pineapple is sweet and subtle for any home cooked meal like this honey lime ginger pork or grilled flank steak.
- Salad: This grilled mango and pineapple salad is perfect for adding in grilled pineapple.
- Burger or Sandwich: Most burgers or sandwiches taste better with a citrus pineapple slice that is grilled up.
- Salsa: Chop up the pineapple spears and add in some extra flavors to your salsa.
- Topping: Pineapple topping with various ingredients added on top of steak, pork or chicken makes a great topping.
- Stir Fry: Cook some rice and vegetables and add in grilled pineapple chunks for more sweet and citrusy texture and taste.
More Ways to Enjoy Pineapple:
Pineapple is one of my favorite fruits in the summer. Try these delicious recipes with pineapple this summertime.
Caramelized Brown Sugar Cinnamon Grilled Pineapple
- 1 pineapple cut into spears
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Grill for about 7-10 minutes or until it is starting to turn golden brown. I always like to brush the excess sauce from the pan back on top of the pineapple before serving.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
I looked through comments for someone to say a temp they were cooking at. Suggestions?
Grill it on medium heat!
Wow…you responded. Thank you 🙂
Grat recipe! I will definitely try!
Tried this recipe in the oven and the pineapples tasted divine, I really loved it even if I didn’t get the grill marks. Will definitely be doing it more often. Thanx for sharing the recipe
Easy but decadent.
My husband and I made this recipe on the grill tonight! It is AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS. I can see why you make this every time you barbecue. I want to put it on vanilla ice cream! It was the best recipe I have grilled all summer 🍍😊🍍
I make this often, it tastes delicious with mango ice cream!
My husband and I made this recipe on the grill tonight! It is AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS. I can see why you make every time you barbecue. I want to put it on vanilla ice cream! It was the best recipe I have grilled all summer 🍍😊🍍
Double WOW. We cooked the pineapple on an applewood charcoal grill. It was out of this world. Hubby did an excellent job of getting the right amount of brown. Been a while since we had such a Wow experience with a new recipe.
I seldom leave a review, but this grilled pineapple is to die for! I’m taking it to a family dinner tomorrow.
Woooow…..Homemade!!! It’s the only thing that taste good! And so easy to do…
I think I will look for these and try your recipe this weekend. Thank you for sharing!
Dang Thai from Embeya !
Do yo cook the pineapple Spears directly on the grill or do you but the pan on the grill and cook it in the pan?
Yes, yes, yes! haha! It works either way! I like to either have them on a pan and cook over a grill but grilling them directly on the grill gets the best grill marks and taste. Also, wrapping them in a foil and putting them on the grill is great too and not as messy of a clean up. Hope you enjoy your pineapple! XOXO
Can this be prepared the night before.
Yes, that is a great idea. You can “marinate” the pineapple the night before. That will taste delicious! Enjoy and thanks for following along with me! XOXO
I marinate the pineapple the night before in a zip lock freezer bag. Delicious with mango ice cream!
Marinate in what ?
If marinating with this recipe, it would make no impact. Brown sugar and cinnamon doesn’t penetrate very far, if at all, and the butter would just harden in the fridge. Matter of fact the butter hardening would prevent all possible penetration into the pineapple.
This is a simple recipe that just needs to be made in the moment. Very delicious!
Hi. Have you ever made ahead for a party? Can you store in fridge and eat cold or at room temp? I’m asking about the grilled pineapple.
I have never made it ahead but I would recommend making it the same day. You are able to make quite a lot at one time if needed. It is best fresh off the grill.
Alyssa, I just made grilled Pineapple on my Traeger grill and they are the best tasting fruit we have ever had. Had some left over and put them in the fridge until the next day. Served them cold and my wife thought tasted better cold than right off the grill. I must say I agreed with her.
Earl, what temp did you grill them at and for how long? I wanna do this on mine but haven’t seen a reference anywhere on here about temps. Thank in advance, Bill
Is “T” a tablespoon or Teaspoon???
Yes, T is a tablespoon and t is a teaspoon. Hope that helps! XOXO
What is the nutritional info on the grilled pineapple?
I like to use myfitnesspal.com or skinnytaste.com for any nutritional information. Hope that helps and you are able to find what you are looking for. XOXO
Looks great! What is the nutritional info?
I like to use skinnytaste.com or myfitnesspal.com for any nutritional information. Hope that helps and you can find what you are looking for. XOXO
Yuppers I am DOWN with this. Gonna give it a try. Looks awesome! Thanks.
Can this be made in the oven? At what temp and for how long?
They can be but you will not get the real taste of it all and the grill marks from the oven. You would bake them on a sheet pan for 10 minutes rotating them so they don’t dry out. Again, it won’t be the same or taste the same as a grill for this recipe. Enjoy your pineapple!! XOXO
What about using pineapple juice instead of butter?
Another good dish. Kinda tastes like apple pie
Does this have to be served right off the grill? Having a graduation party and will need a couple batches.
Oh no, not at all. Wrap it in some tinfoil or keep it in the oven on low to keep warm and it will be great! Happy Graduation Day!!
Can you make this the day before and refrigerate without loosing the goodness?
Yes, then reheat on the grill would be best!