Sticky Asian Glazed Chicken is tender and juicy chicken coated in a sticky sweet Asian sauce. This meal is ready in just thirty minutes and the flavor is awesome!
The sticky glaze sauce on the chicken is a favorite of ours. While we love the Asian flavor, we also like to mix up the flavors of the glaze. Some of my other glazed chicken recipes like Honey Orange Glazed Chicken, Cider Glazed Chicken, Glazed Lemon Honey Garlic Chicken are also insanely delicious.
Sticky Asian Glazed Chicken
Isn’t life just so dang busy? And now that it is starting to warm up outside we soak up the sun any chance that we can get. But, if there is one thing that I always try to do, its have a meal ready for my family each night. We really do enjoy coming together at the dinner table and talking and joking around. So, I really love when I am able to create an easy and delicious meal!
You have probably noticed by now that I love Asian flavored meals on the blog. Some of my most popular recipes are Asian inspired dishes and they are to die for. My favorite food is Chinese and I have been able to create restaurant quality dishes in my kitchen.
This meal instantly became one of my top five Asian recipes with the first bite!
Asian Chicken Ingredients:
The sticky and sweet sauce on these bad boys is absolutely incredible. It is made with a delicious sauce of soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sweet chili sauce, brown sugar and a squeeze of a fresh lime. Don’t all of those flavors combined sound amazing? I love how thick and sticky the sauce is glazed over the chicken.
And the very best part… it is ready in just 30 minutes. So you are able to bring a delicious Asian inspired meal to your family in no time at all!
- Chicken Breasts or boneless chicken thighs: Choose thighs for a juicer softer chicken and a chicken breast for a lower fat option.
- Olive Oil: This oil is used to cook the chicken and keep it from sticking to the pan.
- Brown Sugar: The molasses in this sugar adds to the rich sweetness of the glaze.
- Soy Sauce: This salty sauce adds to the deep savory flavor of this chicken dish.
- Hoisin sauce: Look for Hoisin Sauce in the international food isle. It is a much thicker, saltier version of Teriyaki sauce.
- Sweet Chili Sauce: Stores in the pantry for 1 month. Refrigerate to keep this ingredient fresh for 6-9 months.
- Ginger: Ginger is easy to peel and grate using the back of a spoon and fork.
- Dried red pepper flakes: Add to taste
- Minced garlic: Chop the garlic yourself or use a garlic press to release intense, immediate flavor.
- Juice of one lime: This equates to about 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
How to Make Asian Glazed Chicken:
Our family absolutely loved this meal! Everything about this meal turned out perfect. From the tender and juicy chicken to the sticky and sweet Asian sauce. All you need to do is garnish with some sesame seeds and chopped green onions and you have an easy restaurant quality meal right at home!
- Heat a large skillet: Place skillet over medium high heat and add 1 Tbs of olive oil. Add the chicken and salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken: Let chicken cook about 3 minutes on each side or until thermometer reads 165 degrees and brown on each side.
- Remove Chicken: Set chicken aside on plate.
- Wisk together sauce: In the same skillet whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sweet chili sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes, garlic and lime juice.
- Bring to a boil: Let sauce cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Add chicken: Place chicken back into the sauce and coat each side with the sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
Tips for Making Asian Glazed Chicken:
- Soy Allergy: Use tamari or coconut aminos to replace the soy sauce if you have a soy allergy.
- Chicken: My favorite way to cook this insanely delicious meal is to use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Chicken thighs give you the crispy skin on the outside and juicy flavorful chicken on the inside.
- Drumsticks: A great variation I loved with this recipe is drumsticks. The bone in chicken takes about twice as long to cook depending on the thickness but was an instant favorite!
What to Serve with Asian Chicken:
How to Store Chicken:
When you are finished with this meal you will be lucky if you have any leftovers. If so, here are some things to remember when you are storing your chicken:
- Let chicken cool completely before storing
- Within two hours of cooking, wrap chicken tightly with aluminum foil or put in a shallow airtight container
- Refrigerate on the top shelf (when correctly wrapped and stored it should last in the refrigerator for about 3 days)
- To extend the length of time you can store your chicken you can freeze it for 2-6 months
More Traditional Asian Recipes:
- Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Asian Barbecue Burgers
- Slow Cooker Sticky Asian Ribs
- Grilled Asian Garlic Steak Skewers
- Asian Pan Seared Salmon Salad
Sticky Asian Glazed Chicken
Sticky Asian Glazed Chicken are tender and juicy chicken breasts that get coated in a sticky sweet asian sauce. This meal is ready in just thirty minutes and the flavor is awesome!
- 1 Pound thinly sliced Chicken Breasts or boneless chicken thighs*
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 Tablespoons ginger peeled and grated
- Pinch of dried red pepper flakes to taste
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- Juice of one lime
- Add chicken back to the sauce and coat each side with the sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
Updated on May 6, 2020
Original Post on: March 13, 2016