This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
An amazing asian marinade that makes this grilled chicken fantastic!
I have been grilling a lot lately. And today when I was out in the hot North Carolina heat I realized something. This summer marks two years of blogging! If you need a good laugh, click here for one of my first recipes. I started my blog using a point and shoot camera with a flash. I have definitely come a long way in the last two years and can’t believe how much I have learned and grown along the way. I am so grateful to those that have supported me in my blogging journey. 🙂
Lets talk about this chicken though. BEST CHICKEN EVER!!!!!! And when you type in all caps, you know that means business. Or that I am yelling at you. Either way this was the BEST CHICKEN EVER! 🙂 This chicken had the best flavor that I have ever experienced in a marinade. I just couldn’t get enough. Not only was the asian marinade so flavorful, the chicken was grilled to perfect juicy tenderness. I already want to make this chicken again. This is hands down the best recipe that I have grilled this summer and I know that you guys will love it too!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Grilled Asian Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breasts cut into large chunks
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Hoisen Sauce
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 red bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper cut into chunks
- 6 skewers
- Combine the garlic powder, rice vinegar, soy sauce, hoisen sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and ginger. Combine the hot water and peanut butter until smooth and add this to the marinade.
- Place the chicken into the marinade, and cover and marinate at least 3 hours.
- Put the chicken on the skewers with the pepper in between. Grill on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink.
- (Optional) While the chicken is cooking, place the marinade in a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a boil for about 4-5 minutes and turn to low and let simmer until the chicken is done. Pour over the cooked chicken skewers for extra sauce. I always do this because I hate wasting the marinade. 🙂
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.