Honey Butter Baked Chicken is a rich and flavorful dinner that has tender baked chicken made with only four ingredients! The blend of honey and butter is the perfect combination for a flavorful chicken dinner.
Honey Butter Baked Chicken
Honey Butter Chicken Ingredients:
Seriously, only four ingredients to make this simple baked chicken recipe! It comes together so quickly and easily, even you will be amazing at the flavors and tenderness this chicken dinner has to offer.
- Chicken Breasts: Fresh, thawed chicken ready to be baked.
- Honey: Thickens the sauce and adds a hint of sweetness!
- Margarine or Butter: Melted and stirred in for a buttery flavor blend.
- Mustard: Adds a tangy mustard taste to the chicken while cooking.
- Salt: Just a pinch!
How to Bake Chicken:
Simply add all the ingredients together and pour over the chicken. Bake it for one hour and dinner is made! It is perfect for a busy weeknight or a simple dinner your family can help with in the kitchen.
- Prepare oven: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk Together: Combine honey, butter, mustard and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Chicken: Arrange chicken breasts in a shallow baking pan laying flat. Pour whisked ingredients over chicken evenly.
- Bake: Bake for 1 hour, basting the chicken every 15 minutes.
What to Serve with Honey Butter Chicken:
Adding side dishes with this baked chicken is a great idea to make this a complete meal. Bread, salad and a vegetable or fruit is always a great balance for dinner time. I love to serve this chicken recipe with a various of side dishes that are quick and easy to make while the chicken is baking for one hour.
- Bread: Garlic Parmesan Pull-Apart Bread or Perfect Soft and Buttery Rolls with some honey is delicious!
- Salad: Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad or Very Berry Cheesecake Salad are fun and fresh salads.
- Fruit: Mouthwatering Watermelon Salad is delicious and simple to cut up and mix together.
- Vegetables: This classic Fried Green Tomatoes or a simple Roasted Lemon honey Garlic Asparagus are easy to make and add the perfect touch!
- Dessert! Don’t forget dessert with this favorite Pineapple Upside Down Cake or these delicious White Chocolate Oreo Cookies. Dessert can be baking while you are enjoying dinner!
Storing Baked Chicken:
Baked chicken is easy to make with the perfect blend of honey, butter and mustard. It is simple to bake and clean up is even easier. Let the chicken completely cool before adding it to the bag or airtight containers. This dinner will reheat easily and quickly when ready!
- Refrigerator: Add the left over chicken to a ziplock bag or airtight container and place in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days long.
- Freezer: Place the chicken in a ziplock bag releasing all the air. Laying the chicken flat, place the chicken on in the freezer for about a month long. When ready to reheat, move the chicken into the refrigerator over night and let it thaw completely before warming up.
- Warming Up: Bake it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or place in the microwave flipping it every minute until it is warmed through. Add a side salad or some potatoes and you have a delicious meal all over again!
More Amazing Baked Chicken Dinners:
- Best Baked Chicken Thighs
- Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Breast
- Easy Baked Cheesy Mushroom Chicken
- Baked Buttery Herb Chicken and Potatoes
- Creamy Baked Asiago Chicken
Honey Baked Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breast
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Margarine or Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Mustard
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine honey, butter, mustard and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Arrange chicken breasts in a shallow baking pan laying flat. Pour whisked ingredients over chicken evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour, basting the chicken every 15 minutes.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Should the butter be melted when making the marinade or just softened. The recipe card does not say
Softened butter will work.
what type of mustard should be used?
Can I use regular yellow mustard mixed with some dijon?
I would like it to be tasty but not too musturdy. Do you know what I mean?
I used regular mustard but a mix sounds delicious!
I ADORE THIS RECIPE!!
My fiance and I have made this recipe a handful of times and everytime it is PERFECT! We like to add red pepper flakes and some other seasonings, we also use dijon mustard and ½ teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce and it’s amazing. Super simple for us to throw together. We make it with jasmine rice. We make extra for lunches during the week. We honestly can’t get enough of it.
Thank you so much!!
Will the chicken be too dry for one hour baking? Which mode of baking should I choose? Fan or up and bottom heat?
If I bake turkey meat in pieces, is the baking time the same? Thanks.
Hello! This recipe is for chicken, not for turkey. You mention both in your comment so I’m not sure which one you are planning to use for this! The chicken shouldn’t be dry if you follow the recipe exactly and baste it every 15 minutes. I set my oven to bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Let me know how it turns out for you!
Add one tsp. of curry powder 🙂
Sounds extra delicious!
Do you need to season the chicken first before you put that stuff on there? If so what seasonings do you need to do for the chicken first?
No! The seasonings in the ingredients that you pour on the chicken are enough!
Can I use wholegrain mustard?
That sounds delicious! Let me know how it turns out!
Made this last night. It was so good and will make it again. Can I save the mixture after cooking the chicken? I poured some over my rice. Thanks for the recipe I am always looking for new recipes to try.
Can you use drumsticks instead?
Yes! They will cook faster so you will need to adjust your time.
Can this be made in a Ninja air fryer?
Do you know what temperature and for how much time? Thank you for your time.
Yes, this will be great! I have not made it in the air fryer but it would be similar to this chicken recipe: https://therecipecritic.com/air-fryer-chicken-breast/
Could I use lemon infused olive oil instead of butter?
Yum! I have never tried that before. Let me know how it turns out!
Can I use skinless boneless chicken thighs instead ?
Yes, that will work too.
Could you make this in the crock pot
Yes, this will cook in a slow cooker just fine. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours.
I’m making this tonight ☺️ I’ve added onions mushrooms peas sweetcorn and peppers to it. Serving with baby boiled potatoes 😋
honey baked chicken is too delicious. The recipe you shared is easy to cook. Butter adds more quality to the chicken.
What kind of mustard- dry, yellow dijon
I like to use a yellow mustard but you are welcome to use dijon as well. Dry would not do well with this recipe.
Thank you for this amazing recipe. All of them turn out perfect and delicious. I’m trying this one for dinner tonight. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Can you specify whether to cover the dishes when baking or not ?
You do not need to cover this chicken but basting it is a must. If you feel that it is becoming dry or cooking too quickly, simply cover the baked chicken dish.
Very tasty but the bake time is too long leaving the chicken dry. 45 mins max.
Will reduce bake time next time but an easy and tasty recipe.