Hi!! It’s Jenn, from Eat Cake For Dinner, back to share another really really yummy and totally versatile recipe with you. I first had a cake like this a few months ago when a co-worker brought it to work to share. It was so dang good and everyone raved about it and wanted the recipe. I have since made several different versions with Pineapple being the latest.
It starts out with a cake mix. You can use any flavor cake mix you’d like and you prepare the cake mix according to the package directions. For this pineapple version, I used a pineapple cake mix and added pineapple juice in place of some of the water that is called for on the box. Once mixed, pour it into the bottom of a bundt pan. Then comes the best part . . . the cheesecake layer. Spoon the cheesecake layer over the cake batter, being careful not to touch the outer or inner part of the bundt pan.
When the cake bakes, the magic happens. The cheesecake layer sinks to the bottom and the cake rises to the top and then of course, when you flip it out of the pan, the cheesecake layer ends up on top. The last step is making a simple glaze that compliments the flavors of the cake. You end up with such a delicious and super impressive cake and it’s soooooo easy. The cake layer is dense, the cheesecake layer is thick and creamy and the glaze is sweet and the perfect finishing touch.
Pineapple has such a mild flavor, so it really helps to serve fresh chopped pineapple with this cake to enhance the pineapple flavor. Give it a try or create your own version. . . it will become a new staple recipe in your house.
Pineapple Cheesecake Cake
- 1 Duncan Hines Pineapple Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 package 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 can 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
White Chocolate Pineapple Glaze:
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 - 2 tbsp pineapple juice
- chopped pineapple for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cake mix, water, pineapple juice, eggs and oil and mix until combined. Pour into a well-greased and floured 12-cup bundt pan; spread out evenly. Next, combine cream cheese, butter and cornstarch and mix until smooth and creamy. Add the egg, vanilla and sweetened condensed milk and mix until well combined. Spoon cheesecake layer over the top of the cake batter, in an even ring, being careful not to touch the outer or inner part of the bundt pan. Bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert to a wire rack and cool completely. Once cool, top with glaze. For the glaze: Add white chocolate chips to a medium bowl and microwave until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in the powdered sugar. Add the vanilla and one Tablespoon of pineapple juice and stir until smooth and well combined. If mixture is too thick, add a little more pineapple juice. Drizzle over cooled cake. Allow glaze to set, then slice and serve. Store in the refrigerator until serving.
- Note: You can use any flavor of cake mix you prefer, just prepare it according to the ingredients on the back of the box.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
This sounds amazing! I love pineapple upside down cake AND cheesecake so do you think I would be able to mix in crushes pineapple with the cheesecake mix and then add it in?
Can you use chocolate chip instead of white chocolate chip?
Of course! Let me know how it turns out!
Would it be possible to add coconut to the cake ? Would like this to be like a coconut pineapple dessert. Please help!!
Yes! That sounds like a great idea! Let me know how you like it. Thanks for following along with me!
Oh goodness! I can’t wait to make these! love it MasterRusk
I’m a fan! This sounds amazing, I love carrot-cheese cake so this should be amazing too!