Grilled Corn is a family favorite! It’s so easy to make this incredibly delicious side dish that you’ll have on repeat all summer long.
Easy Grilled Corn
Hi guys! Natasha here from Salt & Lavender. I am so excited for grilling season! I admit our family is kinda nuts and we grill year-round (yes, I even send my husband out there when it’s snowing), but there a few things more enjoyable than a good summer BBQ in my opinion. We’ve been eating a lot of grilled corn lately, and I’m excited to share our family’s favorite way to prepare it.
Grilled corn is wonderful… you can eat it right off the cob with a bit of butter, cut it off the cob and enjoy it that way, or even add it to things like salads. It’s also delicious cold. Those sweet and juicy kernels are enhanced with a little bit of char from the BBQ. Heavenly!
How to Grill Corn:
- Shuck the corn. Remove the husks and silks of the corn and then coat each cob with the olive oil.
- Prep the BBQ. Oil your BBQ’s grate and preheat it to high heat.
- Grill! Place the corn on the grill and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning every few minutes until nice char marks appear (I use a gas BBQ with the lid down).
- Remove the corn to a plate and let it cool for a few minutes until it’s safe to handle.
Since we’re cooking the corn at such a high heat, be sure to turn it every few minutes as indicated, and be careful not to overcook it or it will dry out and burn.
Can you Grill Corn With The Husks On?
Yes, give it an extra 5 minutes or so (it should be charred on all sides), and then shuck the corn once it’s cooled enough to handle. I do prefer my method, however, because you get the nice char marks!
At What Temperature Do You BBQ Corn?
High (at least 500F). Give the grill a chance to preheat (about 10 minutes or so).
I hope you will give this simple recipe a try. It’s the best grilled corn in my opinion!
Other Corn Recipes You’ll Love:
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder
- Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
- Grilled Garlic Herb Flank Steak with Avocado Corn Salsa
Easy Grilled Corn
Grilled Corn is a family favorite! It's so easy to make this incredibly delicious side dish that you'll have on repeat all summer long.
- 6 cobs corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or to taste)
Remove the husks and silks of the corn and then coat each cob with the olive oil.
Oil your BBQ's grate and preheat it to high heat (at least 500F).
Place the corn on the grill and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning every few minutes until nice char marks appear (I use a gas BBQ with the lid down).
Remove the corn to a plate and let it cool for a few minutes until it's safe to handle.
- You can grill as many cobs of corn as you wish/however many will fit on your grill.
- You can definitely use a grill pan, but timing may vary.
- Grilled corn is delicious topped with butter, salt & pepper, and a bit of garlic powder!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.