This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Black bean and corn salad is loaded with tons of flavor and amazing and fresh ingredients! It is the perfect choice for lunch, a side dish, or even an appetizer!
This salad is easy and delicious and mixes up fast! If you love salad then this Summer Corn Salad, Chilled Cucumber Tomato Salad, or this yummy California Spaghetti Salad are a few more that you should try!
Black Bean and Corn Salad
I love a fresh salad! There is something about mixing all of my favorite vegetables together and experimenting with different dressings and toppings! Salads are so versatile and can be different every single time. This black bean and corn salad is so delicious because most of the juices from the vegetables make up the dressing. You just add in a little olive oil and salt and pepper and you are good to go!
This salad brings in all of the textures that I love! You have softer ingredients like avocados, beans, tomatoes, and corn. But I love combining those with the crisp and crunch of some peppers and onions. You can eat this plain with a fork or you could try dipping in some tortilla chips like it’s salsa! I also love using this for Taco Tuesday and filling up some Homemade Tortillas (or these homemade corn tortillas if you prefer!). You can use it in so many ways. Try it out, you won’t be disappointed!
What’s In Black Bean and Corn Salad?
This salad is super easy! Just head to your produce section at your local grocery store and then you will find everything that you need to make this! See the recipe card below for a list of exact ingredient measurements.
- Canned black beans: Drain and rinse them before using them!
- Frozen corn: Thaw the frozen corn on your counter before using it!
- Tomatoes: Slice your tomatoes up into quarters for this recipe.
- Red onion: Mince up your red onion into small pieces. You don’t want them too big because that would make some bites too overpowered with onions!
- Cilantro: Chop up your cilantro into fine pieces.
- Jalapenos: Mince up your jalepenos! Or, if you don’t want any heat then you can leave these out!
- Lime juice: I like to use fresh squeezed lime juice for a more potent taste but if you ony have bottled lime juice then that is fine too! The flavor will be more mild.
- Extra virgin olive oil: This is necessary to create a dressing for the salad!
- Salt and pepper: Use these to taste.
- Avocado: You will want to use an entire avocado for this recipe. Dice it up into even pieces.
Let’s Toss a Salad!
This black bean and corn salad only require you to chop, mix, and go! It’s super easy and simple! You will be eating it in no time!
- Mix and toss (except for avocado): Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl except for the avocado. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate: Put it in the fridge until you are ready to serve it. I like to make in advance and let the flavors develop!
- Add avocado, toss and serve: When ready to serve add in avocado and toss gently. Serve immediately and enjoy!
My favorite part about a salad is that I can make it my own! Add or take away anything that you want and it will be perfect and special just for you! Here are a few ideas on how you can switch things up!
- Fresh corn: If you love corn and have some corn on the cob lying around, try using that instead! You can’t beat that taste. Just cook your corn on the cob as you normally would. Then, ut off the corn kernals when you are done and then add them to the salad!
- Vegetables: You can add in all sorts fo vegetables to this to make it your own! Try some olives, some different peppers (I love yellow and orange peppers! or even some cucumbers!
- Dressing: If you want to add a dressing to this instead of using the olive oil and salt and pepper, I would try out this yummy Cilantro Ranch Dressing. It’s delicious and complements all of the flavors!
- Serve it differently: Ty using this as a salsa with tortilla chips! Or, make it into a taco using either these flour tortillas or these corn tortillas!
How to Store Leftovers
This salad keeps so well and tastes (in my opinion) almost better the next day! It gives it a chance to really soak in all of the flavors. You can even make this black bean and corn salad a day or two ahead of when you need it! Just make sure that you add the avocado right before serving or it will go brown. This will stay good in your fridge for 2-3 days!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl except for the avocado. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. (I like to make in advance and let the flavors develop.)
- When ready to serve add in avocado and toss gently. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.