Light and Healthy Black Bean and Corn Salad. A perfect lunch, side dish or appetizer. Loaded with tons of flavor and fresh ingredients!
Hi guys! It’s Kelley back from Chef Savvy! Today I am sharing a delicious Black Bean and Corn Salad! It takes less than 10 minutes to make and only requires a few ingredients. Healthy, easy and loaded with tons of flavor. Corn, black beans, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and avocado are tossed in lime juice and olive oil.
Perfect as an appetizer, snack or as a side dish to fish or chicken. Serve with homemade tortilla chips or on tacos!
To make this festive Avocado Corn and Black Bean Salad simply add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl except for the avocado. Toss to combine. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to develop. When ready to serve add in avocado and toss gently making sure not to mash avocado. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- ½ cup tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon jalapenos, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 whole avocado, medium dice
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl except for the avocado. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. (I like to make in advance and let the flavors develop.)
- When ready to serve add in avocado and toss gently. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Here are more Healthy Recipes to try from Chef Savvy!