Grilled Garlic Herb Flank Steak with Avocado Corn Salsa is infused with amazing garlic herb flavor and grilled to tender and juicy perfection. The avocado corn salsa on top is phenomenal!
Flank Steak is an easy steak to cook and we love it in our home! Brown Sugar Garlic Flank Steak, Grilled Flank Steak with Asian-Inspired Marinade or Lemon Garlic Butter Flank Steak with Mushrooms are a few recipes to try this summer!
Grilled Flank Steak
Grilled flank steak is happening at least once a week at our house. The boys in our house are steak obsessed and it is usually the choice of meat for them. I love grilled flank steak because it is SO easy! And the best part is that you don’t need a complicated marinade to add amazing flavor. This marinade is simple to make with fresh herbs and garlic which infuses the steak with amazing flavor. This grilled flank steak comes out perfectly every single time!
How do you make Grilled Garlic Herb Flank Steak?
- To start, make the marinade for the flank steak. Add olive oil, chopped garlic, fresh chopped herbs, and salt and pepper to a large plastic bag. Add the flank steak and marinate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Heat your grill to high heat. Add the steak and grill each side for a couple of minutes to get nice char marks. Move them to indirect heat and cook the steak until desired doneness. We like medium.
- While the steak is cooking on the grill prepare your avocado corn salsa. Add chopped avocado, corn, red onion, chopped tomato, and cilantro to a small bowl and stir to combine. Squeeze a fresh lime on top and serve over grilled flank steak.
Important tips for grilling flank steak:
- Let the steak marinate for at least an hour or overnight before grilling.
- Grill steak on high heat for 1-2 minutes to sear on each side and move to indirect heat.
- Remove steak from the grill and rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes covered in aluminum foil
- Slice the steak across the grain.
What temperature do you grill flank steak?
It takes about 4 minutes each side for medium rare which is 130-135 degrees on a thermometer.
What sides go with steak?
- side salad, like a caesar salad
- loaded baked potato
- macaroni and cheese
- creamed spinach
- grilled asparagus
- grilled parmesan garlic potatoes
Grilled Garlic Herb Flank Steak with Avocado Corn Salsa
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 Tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Avocado Corn Salsa:
- 2 avocados diced
- 3 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 (11 ounce) can yellow corn drained
- ½ red onion diced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- juice of one lime
- In a large bowl or ziplock bag, add olive oil, garlic, chopped rosemary, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper. Add flank steak and marinate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Discard marinade and add flank steak to the grill. Let the steak sear on high heat for 1-2 minutes on each side and then move to indirect heat and let cook until desired doneness. Medium rare is 130-135 degrees on a thermometer. Remove steak from heat and cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- To make the avocado corn salsa: Add avocado, tomatoes, corn, red onion, cilantro and lime juice to a medium sized bowl and mix until combined.
- Slice the steak across the grain and top with avocado corn salsa.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.