Lemon Garlic Butter Flank Steak with Mushrooms is tender, juicy flank steak cooked in a buttery, lemon garlic sauce mixed with mushrooms for the perfect combination. It is cooked in a skillet to tender perfection and a meal that everyone will love!
Incredible and easy meal that is infused with such amazing lemon garlic butter flavor! If you love lemon garlic combination as much as we do try these complete meals Lemon Garlic Butter Herb Chicken with Asparagus, Lemon Garlic Butter Herb Chicken with Asparagus or Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs and Veggies.
Lemon Garlic Butter Flank Steak with Mushrooms
Tender flank steak combined with sliced mushrooms is still one of my favorite combinations.
Everything pairs so well together and the sauce increases the juiciness and flavor exposed in every bite of this steak.
Tried and true in every way and cooks up so evenly and nicely for a great family meal.
This was easily one of the most delicious steak that we have had.
The flavor was seriously off of the charts.
My keto loving husband couldn’t believe how good this turned out.
So tender and the lemon garlic butter flavor is unforgettable!
What you need to make lemon garlic butter flank steak
I marinade my flank steak before cooking and it is a total MUST!
It helps to infuse the steak with amazing flavor and help to tenderize it before you cook it in the skillet.
If you have 30 minutes to 24 hours before making this recipe I highly encourage you to use my World’s Best Steak Marinade to help bring in and add more flavor to your steak.
These ingredients are quick, easy and simple to use and throw together for a simple dinner that is irresistible.
There will only be dry plates on your table after trying this delicious lemon garlic butter flank steak with mushrooms.
- Flank steak: tender, juicy steak that cuts easily and cooks perfectly!
- Olive oil: gives more flavoring and cooks well with the steak.
- Garlic cloves: garlic is my thing. Added flavoring and
- Sliced mushrooms: I love all the flavors that mushrooms bring along with steak.
- Butter: tenderize the steak in some butter.
- Chicken broth: helps add juiciness and tenderizes the steak.
- Juice of one lemon: a little sweetness in the sauce.
- Red pepper flakes: adding a little spice.
- Fresh chopped herbs for garnish: these add flavors but also make the plate look pretty.
How to make lemon garlic butter flank steak
You do not have to marinade your steak ahead of time but it is highly recommended if you have the extra time.
If not, your steak will still have that lemon-garlicky taste and flavor that you will love.
This recipe is very simple and takes minutes to prepare and make.
You will enjoy the comfort of steak and mushrooms together with less time in the kitchen and more time with your family.
- Marinade your steak: Add the flank steak and the steak marinade to a zip lock bag and seal and let marinade for 30 minutes.
- Cut your steak agains the grain: Remove the steak from the marinade and discard marinade. Slice the steak into strips against the grain.
- Cook your steak: Add the olive oil to a medium skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add the steak strips and garlic and cook for about 2-3 minutes until the steak is cooked to desired liking. Remove the steak and set aside on a plate.
- Add your mushrooms and cook: Add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove and set on the plate with the steak.
- Combine all together: Add the butter, chicken broth, juice of one lemon and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Allow to simmer and add the steak and mushrooms back to the skillet. Toss to warm up and garnish with fresh herbs.
Marinade your steak
My World’s Best Steak Marinade adds so much flavor to your juicy steak. It helps to tenderize and infuse the steak with flavor and creates the best steak ever!
This steak marinade is packed with dried herbs, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic.
These ingredients all come together to give you such amazing flavor and the perfectly cooked juicy steak!
Cooking temperatures for steak
Cook your flank steak just the way you like it.
It does not take long to reach your medium temperature with flank steak.
Cooking it a little under is best, then when you add it back to the pan it will cook to the temperature you are wanting.
To gauge the perfect temperature, use a meat thermometer.
- Rare: Temperature: 115°F; Remove when it reaches 110°F
- Medium-Rare: Temperature: 125°F; Remove when it reaches 120°F
- Medium: Temperature: 135°F; Remove when it reaches 130°F
- Medium-Well: Temperature: 140°F; Remove when it reaches 135°F
- Well Done: Temperature: 150°F; Remove when it reaches 145°F
Tips for cooking flank steak
It is not just the cut of meat that determines how tender it is, it is also how you cut it.
Find the direction of the grain (which way the muscle fibers are aligned), then slice across the grain rather than parallel with it.
Flank steak only takes a few minutes per side to cook.
A meat thermometer is best when cooking steaks so you do not overdue your meat.
This meal comes together quickly and easily and is especially amazing topped with the lemon garlic butter mushrooms.
It is the perfect pairing to this tender and juicy steak!
- Add some olive oil to your skillet and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes. Y
- You can cook the steak until medium (130-135 degrees.) Let rest for 10 minutes and slice against the grain.
- You can let the steak marinate for at least an hour or overnight before cooking. No longer than 24 hours though.
- Cook steak on high heat for 1-2 minutes to sear on each side then turn down the heat to cook the inside.
- Use a grill for cooking your flank steak, cook on high heat for 1 to 2 minutes then cook on a lower temperature burner until temperature reaches about medium.
- If you are cooking for a many, simply double your marinade amount and add in the amount of meat that you are needing to make.
- Garlic does not cook well on the meat. I like to scrape it off the best I can when searing the meat.
- Drizzle some of the marinade on the meat for added flavoring.
- Enjoy your flank steak with mashed potatoes, cauliflower or asparagus to make this a complete meal.
Storing lemon garlic butter flank steak
- Making Ahead: make your marinade ahead of time with your flank steak. Your steak can marinate up to 24 hours. No longer.
- Refrigerating: after your steak and mushrooms are completely cooled, add them to a ziplock bag or an airtight container and refrigerate for 5 to 7 days.
- Freezing: if you are wanting to freeze your steak you will have to let the mushrooms go. They do not do well frozen and then warmed up. Let your steak cool completely and add to a ziplock bag or a tight sealed baggie. Store in the freezer for up to 1 month before reheating again. When ready to reheat place in the refrigerator over night to thaw completely.
- Warming Up: place your steak on a pan over the stove top to reheat. Cook until warm stirring it occasionally. If you choose to microwave, place on a microwave safe dish and warm up in 1 to 2 minute increments not over heating so it doesn’t dry out.
More delicious steak recipes
- Skillet Garlic Butter Herb Steak and Potatoes
- Grilled Garlic Herb Flank Steak with Avocado Corn Salsa
- Grilled Steak Fajita Skewers
- Amazing Steak Fajitas
- Skillet Garlic Butter Steak and Shrimp
Lemon Garlic Butter Flank Steak with Mushrooms
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 16 ounce sliced mushrooms
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- juice of one lemon
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- fresh chopped herbs for garnish
- Add the flank steak and the steak marinade to a zip lock bag and seal and let marinade for 30 minutes. Remove the steak from the marinade and discard marinade. Slice the steak into strips against the grain.
- Add the olive oil to a medium skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add the steak strips and garlic and cook for about 2-3 minutes until the steak is cooked to desired liking. Remove the steak and set aside on a plate.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove and set on the plate with the steak.
- Add the butter, chicken broth, juice of one lemon and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Allow to simmer and add the steak and mushrooms back to the skillet. Toss to warm up and garnish with fresh herbs.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.