Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder is creamy, cheesy and so easy to make! It has just enough of a kick to it and the flavor is incredible. This will be one of the best chowders that you will eat!
I sometimes get inspired for recipes in the most random places. Being a homeowner you spend a lot of time at The Home Depot. I got talking with an associate and they asked me what I did for work. I explained to them that I had a food blog. He then told me that he had a recipe that I HAVE to try. He said that this Mexican Corn Chowder is the best soup that he has ever had.
So the next time I was in he had the recipe for me. He was so excited for me to make it.
One of the best parts about this recipe is that it is incredibly easy to make!! I already loved the recipe. 😉 You literally just dump in a few cans and add some cheese and half and half and let it simmer. I also used rotisserie chicken which made this recipe even easier to make. It came together within 5 minutes.
As soon as I took my first bite I was blown away! It was fantastic!
My favorite part was being able to top it with my favorite toppings. You can also crumble some cotija on top and add some cilantro, diced avocado, or whatever your heart desires. Our entire family loved this soup and I know that you will too. It is the perfect soup for a chilly day and you will make it again and again!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups half and half cream
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (or 2 cups cheddar cheese)
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups chicken, chopped and cooked, I used rotisserie
- salt and pepper to taste
- Tabasco sauce (if desired for more of a kick)
- In a large pot or dutch oven add the butter and melt over medium high heat. Add onion, jalapeño, and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes until tender. Add the cumin. Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and add in the cream, shredded cheese, cream- style corm, green chilis, diced tomatoes, and chicken. Cook until the cheese has melted and all ingredients are heated through.
- Season with salt, pepper, tabasco sauce, and top with favorite toppings.