This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup.. Loaded with tons of Mexican flavor and cooked low and slow for 8 hours!
Hi guys! It’s Kelley back from Chef Savvy! Today I am sharing my Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup! This soup is AMAZING! It tastes just like an enchilada but in soup form!
I love how easy this soup is. All you need is 10 minutes of prep time. Simply add the ingredients to the slow cooker and let it do it’s magic!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup
- 1 pound 16 ounces boneless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 10 ounce can enchilada sauce
- 1 15 ounce can chicken stock
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn no need to thaw
- 1 14 ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder can add more if you like extra heat
- optional garnishes: tortilla chips cilantro avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese
- Add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Take the chicken out of the slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- Add back to the soup and stir.
- Serve hot with optional garnishes if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Cooking the chicken in the broth makes it fall apart tender. Simply shred when ready to serve.
Top your soup with shredded cheese, fresh cilantro and tortilla strips! Enjoy!
Love this recipe? Here are more recipes from Chef Savvy!