Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos are a family favorite weeknight meal! The flavorful chicken is so quick and easy to make and can be topped with an endless possibility of toppings.
Instant Pot meals are so quick and easy and perfect for busy nights! Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken, Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli, and Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Pasta are a few of our favorites!
Everyone is in need of another healthy, quick, and easy meal, right?! These Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos are just that and they are so versatile because you can top with with whatever you desire. For more taco recipes, check out Smoky Paprika Fish Tacos with Apple Slaw, Grilled BBQ Chicken Tacos, or Baked Chicken Tacos.
Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos
I love tacos and could eat them everyday. Because there are so many different variations I really don’t think it’s possible to get sick of tacos. You can change up the protein, veggies, toppings… I especially love this Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Taco recipe because it’s a dump and cook recipe making my life a whole lot easier. I just love that with the help of the Instant Pot I can get a delicious dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes!
How do you make Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos?
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a pressure cooker and sprinkle the seasonings on top. Pour the jar of salsa verde over the top.
- Close the pressure cooker and turn the knob to seal. Cook on manual HIGH pressure for 14 minutes with by a 8 minutes natural release.
- Shredded the chicken right in the pot with all the juices using two forks.
- Remove the chicken from the pot using a slotted spoon or pour chicken into a strainer. Removing the excess liquid will help your tacos to be a little less messy when eating.
- Serve chicken in corn tortillas with loads of toppings.
What kind of toppings should I use?
I happened to make them this time with all green toppings (romaine lettuce, cilantro, avocado) but you can really add whatever toppings you like. Here’s a list of some more that would be great: corn, black beans, olives, cheese (I like queso fresco), tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream… What do you like to put on your tacos?
Would you like more taco recipes? Here are a few more!
- Chipotle Pork Tacos
- Spicy Fish Tacos
- Breakfast Tacos
- Grilled Spicy Blackened Salmon Tacos
- Taco Stuffed Avocados
Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos
For the Chicken:
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 16 ounce jar salsa verde
For the Tacos:
- Corn tortillas white or yellow
- Lime wedges
- Queso fresco
- Romaine lettuce
- Place chicken in the bottom of the pressure cooker. Sprinkle with seasonings and then pour the salsa on top.
- Cover pressure cooker with lid and set valve to seal. Select manual mode and cook on HIGH pressure for 14 minutes followed by a 8 minute natural release. Turn the valve for a quick release to let out remaining pressure. When valve drops, carefully remove lid.
- Shred chicken in the pot with all the juices. Remove chicken from pot with a slotted spoon and place in a serving bowl.
- Assemble tacos with shredded chicken, romaine lettuce, cilantro, avocado, queso fresco, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
eat this once a week, never gets old for us and the kids! Really easy for a rushed after sports dinner when I forget to plan ahead as long as I have chicken and the salsa and some taco wraps which I normally do! Tastes great just as written, thanks for saving us from take-out dozens of times!!
Such a delicious easy meal! Took me less than 3 minutes to throw it all in the instant pot and boom dinner. I especially loved the tang the salsa verde brings to the chicken. With a new baby coming in the next day or so, this will definitely be in our rotation!
Love this. Just added the garlic, salt and salsa verde and it turned out amazing. Followed the directions exactly. Thanks for such a great, easy recipe