Taco Stuffed Avocados. A healthy twist on tacos! Load up all your favorite taco toppings into an avocado half for an easy lunch or light dinner.
Hey everyone! It’s Serene from House of Yumm. Today I’m bringing you one of my favorite meals. Tacos! Except I added a little twist to these tacos and stuffed them into an avocado. This makes this dish perfect for a lunch, or even a light dinner. Best of all, my kids absolutely love this meal. I’m pretty sure these taco stuffed avocados are going to be a regular on our meal plan from now on.
It comes together super quick and easy too. Of course, it’s completely customizable. Although I highly recommend that you use my recipe for homemade taco seasoning and follow the instructions on how to make the best taco meat possible!
You can of course use any meat you prefer for the stuffed avocados, maybe some Slow Cooker Mexican Brisket, or Slow Cooker Carnitas. Then load up with your favorite toppings. Cheese of course, some tomatoes, lettuce, cilantro and sour cream are my go tos.
One of the best parts of doing these taco stuffed avocados is that you can scoop some of the avocado out before adding the toppings and use that to make some guacamole.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¾ teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Onion Powder
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 avocados halved
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- ¼ cup lettuce shredded
- additional toppings:
- sour cream
- Add the ground beef to a medium size sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until browned.
- Drain the grease and add the seasonings and the tomato sauce. Stir to combine. Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the pit from the halved avocados. Load the crater left from the pit with the taco meat. Top with cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, cilantro and sour cream.
- If you want to make a larger area in the avocado for the toppings, spoon out some of the avocado and set aside to make guacamole! Then fill with toppings.